Stadium progress

So Arena Pantanal in Cuiaba should be the next to be fully completed, then Arena Baixada in Curitiba, then lastly Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo. Beira-Rio in Porto Alegre is Complete, just the surrounding infrastructure is not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you support Santos if you live in Rio? I thought santos wasn't that of a "national" club.

Santos is a national club, the 6th or 7th biggest support mass from Brazil.

But the reason I back Santos FC is because my father was born in Santos area and made me be a Santos supporter since I was a child.

Actually, during my early childhood I was Flamengo because my father was divorced and he didn't live in Rio. But I always spent vacations with him in Santos, and he always take me to Santos matches during my vacations with him...

I still get happy when Flamengo wins something (if they are not playing against Santos), but my passion is truly with Santos.

The funny thing is my mother was Botafogo. I backed Flamengo because of my grandfather who lived with me in Rio.

BTW I think anyone who follows football more or less knows where Peñarol is from, Danny...

There are people here that maybe does not even know the existence of the nation of Uruguay...

So Arena Pantanal in Cuiaba should be the next to be fully completed, then Arena Baixada in Curitiba, then lastly Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo. Beira-Rio in Porto Alegre is Complete, just the surrounding infrastructure is not.

Perfect. The surroundings of Beira-Rio are under works at full power.

More from Porto Alegre's venue

IMG_20140406_160314662.jpg

greal33.jpg

BTW, Porto Alegre have two new fantastic stadiums!

Arena do Gremio (Training venue for the World Cup)

resize_1361985269_template-obra4.jpg

And Beira-Rio, the official venue for the World Cup

1661179_1460200827544646_2051628880_n.jp

Monthly Video of the Construction Progress of the 2014 Fifa World Cup Stadiums, Airports and other infrastructure projects are here on this link - www.copa2014.gov.br/en/noticia/march-2014-a-panorama-world-cup-related-construction-works-12-host-cities - Source: World Cup Portal.

The copa2014.gov.br is not the latest source for pictures, actually, Skyscrapercity.com forums have a lot of people taking daily basis pictures of the stadiums.

I'm on Skyscrapercity aswell. Possible training Venue? Allianz Parque construction updates - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/bra/arena_palestra_italia - Source: StadiumDB.com

Arena Sao Paulo handed over, but still Under Construction. Full story here - http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/04/sao_paulo_arena_corinthians_handed_over_but_still_under_construction - Source: StadiumDB.com

So what? FIFA only takes the stadiums in May.

Your completely missing the bigger picture. When Brazil Bidded, they knew that Fifa's regulations state that the Stadium's have to be ready 6 months before the Tournament. Fifa is the governing body, as much as I hate to admit it. Like I said, credit where it's due, Brazil is starting to speed up preparations.

So what? FIFA only takes the stadiums in May.

So what? He had to point out the bad side of it. Simple like that.

Fifa has plenty of time to do as many test events they want. OF COURSE even a plant knows stadiums should be ready earlier by our agreement with FIFA back then, it's no news, but still I don't think they are caring about that as much as some here... they are quite happy with the number of tickets sold and also the records in the hospitality travel packages sold.

I don't wish any Host to fail. Even Sochi (Who there Government I can't stand), even Sochi I didn't wish to fail. I want Brazil to be ready. I want Rio de Janeiro to be ready. I've given credit where it's due, the Construction is starting to speed up. Arena Sao Paulo is speeding up, and looks to be ready for early May? Again, I want Brazil to be ready for the 2014 Fifa World Cup and I want Rio de Janeiro to be ready for the 2016 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. Brazil probably will be ready in time, seeing as though Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Cuiaba (Not 100 %), Fortaleza, Manaus, Natal, Porto Alegre (Surrounding infrastructure and Fifa's temporary facilities still not complete), Recife, Rio de Janeiro and Salvador are all complete. Of course, Curitiba and Sao Paulo are still not finished. My point is, sadly Fifa gave a deadline for the 6 Non-Confederations Cup Venues (Cuiaba, Curitiba, Manaus, Natal, Porto Alegre and Sao Paulo) of 31st December 2013 and they weren't ready by then. When any Country Bids for any Tournament, whether it's the Fifa World Cup, Summer or Winter Olympics or Youth Olympics, Commonwealth Games, European Games, UEFA Euro, Pan American Games or Asian Games, they know the deadlines and the requirements. Stadiums have to be ready for Fifa 6 Months before the Tournament and 6 of them weren't unfortunately. I will end on a positive note, Brazil has started to speed up it's preparations.

Tony vs Brazil, next round...

Listen folks, obviously deadlines were missed - that didn't make Brazil look good. Full stop.

But really, what's FIFA's point to set such deadlines if they already know there won't be any grave consequences. They can hardly take the WC away six months before the start, so this whole thing is like children in the sandpit fighting for the toys.

Archived