Stadium progress

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brazil's stadiums only make me jelous :lol: Very good venues, the best ones in Latin America, you deserve them. Sao Paulo has the best of them.

I wish Argentina will have someday good stadiums :( not the ones we have now, they are a shame. If we host the 2030 World Cup, things will change for good.

Brazil's stadiums only make me jelous :lol: Very good venues, the best ones in Latin America, you deserve them. Sao Paulo has the best of them.

I wish Argentina will have someday good stadiums :( not the ones we have now, they are a shame. If we host the 2030 World Cup, things will change for good.

I feel ya. Copa America was very boring, the stadiums looks so dated =\

I feel ya. Copa America was very boring, the stadiums looks so dated =\

Only Plata has a decent stadium, Copa America was a shame, Colombia and Venezuela even have better stadiums tan us :( Only 2030 World Cup can save us...

Cutting it very close...

Yes, but not so much. The Waldstadion in Frankfurt was completed on the eve of the tournament. You have to consider that this Confederations Cup will have the highest number of stadiums, half of them completely new. Not to mention the Maracanã which was pratically rebuilt. In recent editions, the largest stadiums were not ready for the confederations cup.

Estadio Unico in La Plata was the only one I liked, the rest was very dated and dark in the TV broadcasts.

The colors of Maracana seats are similar to Argentina's flag, maybe a premonition ;)

Not at all, if some other country is receiving a tribute from Maracana is Uruguay, the Champions in 1950 World Cup in Maracana...

Actually Maracana will look like a huge Brazilian Flag with grass-green, yellow, blue and white seats

2030 is so far..............

I just wish maracana was a bit taller, feels very claustrophobic by looking at the pics .

It's the new roof dimensions that make is more enclosed and compact. The old roof didn't extend so far, only covered the upper parts of the

second tier. And the stands have a more shallow angle than modern stadiums, i think that's what you mean with taller. Makes it look like it has been flattened by pressure from above.

Is it me or do other people also see a resemblance with american college football stadiums like michigan stadium and the rose bowl? Maracana also has this shallow bowl architecture.

I just wish maracana was a bit taller, feels very claustrophobic by looking at the pics .

I can tell you, the pics are looking weird really - I agree...

Been to Maracana several times in my life, one thing you can never claim about the stadium is "claustophobic", the stadium is hugeeeee

The colors of Maracana seats are similar to Argentina's flag, maybe a premonition ;)

Even worst... The Maracanazo colors! :lol:

Only Plata has a decent stadium, Copa America was a shame, Colombia and Venezuela even have better stadiums tan us :( Only 2030 World Cup can save us...

Salta Stadium was awful during Copa America. Not to mention some others...

I can tell you, the pics are looking weird really - I agree...

Been to Maracana several times in my life, one thing you can never claim about the stadium is "claustophobic", the stadium is hugeeeee

I just meant it feels very compact with that roof, I looked up and it says maracana is only 78ft tall, and the structure above wont allow much aerial view from outside the stadium. I'm sure the tv cameras will have privilege view for broadcasting so I'm not worried. I've never visited maracana but I'm somewhat basing and comparing to my local stadium which is 160ft tall , the Gilette Stadium.

I just meant it feels very compact with that roof, I looked up and it says maracana is only 78ft tall, and the structure above wont allow much aerial view from outside the stadium. I'm sure the tv cameras will have privilege view for broadcasting so I'm not worried. I've never visited maracana but I'm somewhat basing and comparing to my local stadium which is 160ft tall , the Gilette Stadium.

It does, I agree...

People in SSC is saying it seems Maracana shrunk down with this new project.

About aerial views, the roof will not cover all seating places, so the "hole" will be bigger than it appears in the renders. :)

PS: Wow, what a tall stadium you guys have in Boston, I googled some pics. It's very American design, with no roof and stands as tall as sky.

In fact, I'd feel claustophobic in one these kind of stadium. In the end, it's all a matter of how used you are to stadium ;)

Still, I would love to visit Boston and the Gillette Stadium someday.

maracanariodejaneirowor.png

^^^^

I think the Maracanã looks compact because of the angle of some photos. When the stands are far gives that impression. But it is true that the Maracanã is not so tall. Here's a comparison:

arenas_corinthians.jpg

Wow, that's a nice infographic about the stadiums. I wouldn't have guessed the Mineirao to be the shortest in height. The vertical lines trick the eye into thinking it's tall, apparently. Brasilia is just majestic!

Cuiabá

fevereiro_09.jpg

fevereiro_11.jpg

São Paulo

259373-970x600-1.jpeg

259375-970x600-1.jpeg

259374-970x600-1.jpeg

Recife

aap_abr2013.jpg

bap_abr2013.jpg

cap_abr2013.jpg

2051721_big-lnd.jpg

Rio

6h1fys.png

11rzlhv.png

RIO178407.JPG

BEL |...................100%|

FOR |...................100%|

SAL |...................100%|

REC |...................96%.|

RIO |...................95%.|

BRA |...................94%.|

SAO |..............68%......|

POR |.............65%.......|

CUI |............62%........|

NAT |...........57%.........|

CUR |...........56%.........|

MAN |...........56%.........|

^^

In the next update, we'll have half of world cup stadiums concluded :)

Archived