New Stadium Images released by London 2012

troubles

My only concern is the lighting.

I don't if it's me, but it looks kind if dim in there.

That's so, like in a theatre balcony, people not terribly interested in the events, can indulge in a little nookie up there.  For that I'll grant the designers a few extra points.  :laughlong:

But seriously, it's not HOW PRETTY your venues are that are going to win the prize.  It's geo-political factors and the overall bid.  Stade de France could be an underground bunker, and Paris will still have the highest odds going in.

That's so, like in a theatre balcony, people not terribly interested in the events, can indulge in a little nookie up there.  For that I'll grant the designers a few extra points.  :laughlong:

But seriously, it's not HOW PRETTY your venues are that are going to win the prize.  It's geo-political factors and the overall bid.  Stade de France could be an underground bunker, and Paris will still have the highest odds going in.

If that was the case and Paris won even with an underground bunker then the IOC would look pretty stupid to the rest of the world - don't you think?   :rock:

If that was the case and Paris won even with an underground bunker then the IOC would look pretty stupid to the rest of the world - don't you think?   :rock:

not really....whose going to stop them  :D

I love the fact that you can see the tops of trees in the after games shot .

If London was to host the Olympics again after 2012 which it is bound to win .

I wonder if the full Olympic stadium could be reinstated.

I admire your faith in the London bid MIKYSALT, but please stop tempting fate by such claims as ' 2012 which it is bound to win .  We are too close to call, so cross your legs, fingers, toes and anything else that comes to mind.  We need to be nervous, excited, eager in anticipation and... ready for it,  defeat if it comes...  The same goes for all bid cities!

Don't get me wrong I believe that London has a great chance, call me superstitious, but I believe that saying anything too positive at the moment could damage our chances....   :down:

I love the fact that you can see the tops of trees in the after games shot .

If London was to host the Olympics again after 2012 which it is bound to win .

I wonder if the full Olympic stadium could be reinstated.

Jeez ... they better start planting those tress pretty soon. Anyone who knows the current state of the site knows that you could barely get anything more than some sorry weeds to grow there, let alone some fine looking trees.

Miksalt, I admire your optimism, but even with a bid that is demonstrable better than that offered by Paris, it is still difficult to overcome a long-time favourite

The images are not too impresive, the after the games image looks kind of ugly.

As for X..little kid you are a little traidor of Madrid 2012.

oh please mr.x has changed who he supports several times...and quite frankly who cares...

and I have to agree these venues do look very nice, however there is nothing that I would say is absolutely "spectacular" about them....they look the same as the renderings that the Mardrid, NYC, Paris, and Moscow teams all made....

Since when was I a Madrid supporter?

I was a NYC supporter for a few months two years ago and then I became neutral and didn't support any city until now with London.

As of today, London 2012 has my official support. :)

StadiumaftertheGames.jpg

Stadiumconcourse.jpg

StadiuminGamesmode.jpg

ViewfromtheRoyalBox.jpg

THIS IS JUST GREAT.

I take it that we are seeing a during games shot and a post games shot here?

At least Britsh Athletics will have a permanent venue and a future Commonwealth Games host stadium.

WAY TO GO LONDON! :D

It was the first I could find.  But off topic, I wish they'd go back to the regimented marching in.  It just looks so much better than all those goofy waves and clowing around for the TV cameras.

*ugh* totally agree.

Although the teams did seem to behave themselves more during Salt Lake City and Athens so maybe there is hope that we are returning to that era.  

Seoul was a total embarresment.  :blush:

Woooow, I loved the long video: really gave a sense of the showcase a London 2012 Games would be.

However, I feel the IOC might find it a little high risk... imagine any embarrassing delays à la Wembley  :blush:

However, if they really feel London could pull it off, I don't see why they would consider going anywhere else that summer!!!

Archived