New Stadium Images released by London 2012

troubles

London 2012 have released new images of the stadium (both during the games, and reconfigured afterwards to be 25,000 seater capacity) and of the Aquatic Centre.

What made me laugh though was this:

Stunning Olympic Stadium images unveiled

London 2012 has released stunning new images of the state-of-the-art Olympic Stadium at the heart of the capital's plans.

The computer-generated images illustrate how a stadium purpose-built for Athletics would provide an unrivalled experience for both spectators and competitors

Surely that's not a quick swipe at another stadium that's already built but is mainly used for football?

Anyway, the pictures themselves are here:

http://www.london2012.com/en/news/press+ro...ges/stadium.htm

It's looking great !  Getting excited now . Each pool in the aquatic centre will be surrounded by spectators . The new olympic stadium pictures look fantastic . Getting better and better . I hope London wins and it gets built in the form it is presented .

looks superb is games mode ... still can't get my head around how they will dismantle half of it post-games ... but most of all I love:

1. the point about the perfect unrestricted viewing positions for all spectators (can all the stadia on offer provide this?)

2. the Royal Box, or should we say "Rogge's Throne Room". If this is an indication of the VIP facilities on offer, it provides London with a distinct advantage over other stadia, and

3. The concorse, the IOC marketing types will be drooling over the multiple sales points

It all makes the choice clearer between a new, stateof the art stadium, designed specifically for the purpose, or throwing the games into a less-than-perfect, but adequate, stadium on the outskirts of Paris. I know which I would choose

I'll be even more dissapointed if London doesn't win after seeing these pictures and with the stadium being the only major venue that isn't already under construction or already built, the argument that Paris is the safe option and London is risky doesn't wash anymore. I hope the IOC realise this and vote the correct way.  :P

Nice images; but why put the long jump, next to the track finish line side.

Anyone sitting on what is suppose to be the best side to sit at an Athletics event, if further away from the action!

Put the long jump in the infield where it belongs! ???

Anyone sitting on what is suppose to be the best side to sit at an Athletics event, if further away from the action!

Beatles, those are just renderings -- like pictures in a children's fantasy book.  Ya know Harry Potter and the like...something not real.

putting the long/triple jump in the middle of the infield is not possible because javelin, discus and hammer all need the infield clear for their events and tiemtable restrictions meean that jumps and throws take place at the same time.. particularly in qualification rounds.

Actually you will find that most of the time, the long/triple jump area is on the back straight, not the home straight which gives people in the 'cheaper' seats something to watch.

London has done everything possible to win the games and i hope the IOC members give us a chance to produce the best olympics ever.  The images of the new facilities are brilliant and would benefit athletes and the community for many years after.  It's getting exciting as we move closer to the decision.  London's progress in the last year has been massive and can pull this bid of if it continues.

Well after seeing the new pictures and the way the legacy fits in, with the stadium being more appropriately scaled down post Olympics.  It almost makes you think how could the IOC not vote for London on July 6th.

....because it's Paris 3rd time lucky attempt, I suppose.  The only reason I can think of.   :wink:

<>

It just gets you quite emotional, we all want this badly, and there can be only 1 winnner.  No Silver or Bronze in this competition I'm afraid.

The images are not too impresive, the after the games image looks kind of ugly.

As for X..little kid you are a little traidor of Madrid 2012.

oh please mr.x has changed who he supports several times...and quite frankly who cares...

and I have to agree these venues do look very nice, however there is nothing that I would say is absolutely "spectacular" about them....they look the same as the renderings that the Mardrid, NYC, Paris, and Moscow teams all made....

Archived