Trafalgar Square

MIKYSALT

Two years ago, I was surrounded by 12,000 people all of whom instantly lifted about three feet off the ground when Jacques Rogge announced "Vancouver" and screamed for sheer and utter joy for about 10 minutes.  The energy of that moment circled the arena several times....what an unforgettable day.

And today, another unforgettable day in a city enraptured by the Olympic Movement.  I wish I could have been there to share the moment.

So, to those of you in London who were in Trafalgar Square the moment Rogge called out your city's name...do tell us what it was like.  Share your personal and amusing stories and let us know how high you leapt when Rogge smiled and said "London".

Save us the hangover stories for tomorrow.   :)

My god its taken me all evening to log on to this web site

Travalga square was amazing.

And crowded

When the result was announced everyone went bezerk

I screamed so much I nearly fainted then the red arrows flew over and tickertape came down.

What can I say

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Archived