The 2012 Team Australia News and Hospitality Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly as this sounds...Don't be so hard on yourselves! :angry:

Technically Australia is in the top ten for Total Medals.

No shame in Silver...Jeez NZ dosn't even have one yet...Also outside our 'sitting on our arses' sports - absolutley nothing. :unsure:

11:30

Rowing

Men's Four Finals

Australia

8:30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:50

Rowing

Women's Lightweight Double Sculls Finals

Australia

8:50pm!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:30

Rowing

Women's Single Sculls Finals

Kim Crow

9:30pm!!!!!!!!!!

19:30

Athletics

Women's Discus Throw Final

Dani Samuels

4:30am!!!!!!!!!

19:55

Athletics

Men's Long Jump Final

Henry Frayne

19:55

Athletics

Men's Long Jump Final

Mitchell Watt

4:55am!!!!!!!!

20:07

Swimming

Women's 4x100m Medley Relay Final

Australia

5:07am!!!!!!!!

20:27

Swimming

Men's 4x100m Medley Relay Final

Australia

5:27am!!!!!!!!

21:15

Athletics

Men's 10,000m Final

BenSt Lawrence

6:15am!!!!!!!!!

Made something to show what medals Australia are up for tonight!

The times in bold are Brisbane time so i know when to watch although i'll be out tonight. Sorry that copy and paste hates me LOL.

8 chances at gold thats including that 2 aussies are in same race so i didnt make mistake and put 9 :)

I think Michael O'Shea might take the omnium - Clancy seems to be quick but not a scrapper, and he should have put clear air between the him, the Ocker and the Dane. O'Shea has both speed and endurance.

I wouldn't be too cross if Meares got Pendleton finally. VP already has a gold from London, and her ego isn't especially gracious in victory. She doesn't have to be of course but she's had advantages Meares hasn't - her father was a competition cyclist and the leafy London stockbroker belt is a bit different from a coal mine in Queensland.

Meares has a fantastic story, gritty background and recovery from a broken neck and in a 'normal' year would have a lot of Brits cheering for her.

Well, one bit of glimmer of hope - Sally Pearson has qualified fastest from her heat to the semis of the 100m hurdles.

Run Sally, run!

Is that the real hot one in that 'boysboysboys' clip?

Congrats to Australia..Tom Slingsby will now be a national hero!.

Look, the Gold only medal table is kind of unfair...Australia has done really well on the OVERALL table!

Which is something to be proud of...NZ would be way down the table on the true count.

Opals women's basketball team likely will get bronze if they defeat China in the quarterfinals and then face the USA in the semifinals (can't see the Canadians score the mother of all Olympic women's basketball upsets).

All because the Opals lost to Les Bleues in group play OT game even with Belinda Snell's game-tying shot.

Archived