The 2012 Team Australia News and Hospitality Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just goes to show, the death of Australian success has been greatly exaggerated. The fanbase is also great. Weymouth (sailing) loves the Australians and the Scandics. They spend all their money on drink and unlike the Brits, don't complain about the prices. The Germans and the Dutch refuse to spend money, have brought their tupperware all the way from Enschede or Wetzlar, and expect to camp for free.

I thought British tabloids were rough, but the Aussie Press rip into their own better than anyone else.

Just goes to show, the death of Australian success has been greatly exaggerated. The fanbase is also great. Weymouth (sailing) loves the Australians and the Scandics. They spend all their money on drink and unlike the Brits, don't complain about the prices. The Germans and the Dutch refuse to spend money, have brought their tupperware all the way from Enschede or Wetzlar, and expect to camp for free.

I thought British tabloids were rough, but the Aussie Press rip into their own better than anyone else.

That's because it is far cheaper in Weymouth than in Scandinavia and who can blame the Aussies for wanting to try real beer compared to what passes for beer at home.

Oh diddums ... truth hurts eh

Mate, we sell out sh!t beer overseas to foreigners who wouldn't know better. We keep our good stuff at home. Better than the usually warm swill you tend to get served in the UK.

anyway ...

ds_10_470_729_20120810220940510780-620x349.jpg

Mathew Belcher, Malcolm Page, Gold, 47 Class Sailing

Was down in Brighton today - just got in to check the medal updates. Nice news to get back to.

And congrats NZ for their saling gold.

So sailing's been the most fertile gold prospecting site for us here, with three!

Mate, we sell out sh!t beer overseas to foreigners who wouldn't know better. We keep our good stuff at home. Better than the usually warm swill you tend to get served in the UK.

anyway ...

ds_10_470_729_20120810220940510780-620x349.jpg

Mathew Belcher, Malcolm Page, Gold, 47 Class Sailing

Was down in Brighton today - just got in to check the medal updates. Nice news to get back to.

And congrats NZ for their saling gold.

So sailing's been the most fertile gold prospecting site for us here, with three!

So what was that swill I was served in Sydney and Melbourne then? VB and rubbish like that ....

So what was that swill I was served in Sydney and Melbourne then? VB and rubbish like that ....

Guess you're not used to it cold, like beer should be.

I agree. Fosters and VB are sh!t. But no true Aussie really drinks VB or Fosters. Only tourists.

Yes a good regatta for Australia and NZ.

It's a pity Australia walked away from the Americas Cup...How cool would it be if the smaller AC32 Catamarans were in the Olympics?

Anyways, no one drinks their beer warm...eeeewww!

Ian Thorpe is working for the BBC, is he known in Australia for being intelligent? There have been jokes about his rather left field fashion sense, his diva-esque put downs and general camp delivery, but most of all, his intellect makes the other commentators seem lightweight. He corrects their pronunciation of names and is sure of his facts, even in non swimming events

Archived