The 2012 Team Australia News and Hospitality Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia will pass NZ on the Gold medal table tonight with another guaranteed gold in the 49ers.

See all that moaning for nothing!

I agree with the US, the Totals table is a more realistic gauge...but the Gold total is more prestigious

"Hey kids, spelling is important. Look! the difference between won and one: Great Britain have just one gold, Australia have just one gold" :P

"Doctors in Australia have diagnosed a new condition which they are calling "Olympic finger". Symptoms are pain in the index finger caused by repeated scrolling down to see Australia's medal tally." :D

482460-anna-meares.jpg

Anna Meares, Gold, Women's Sprint

Just reading the write up now ... sounds like a real grudge match with Pendleton. But sorry GB, we needed that!

There you go you moaners! You're ABOVE NZ in the medal table.

Phew for that - we realise you guys wouldn't have ever let us forget it if we didn't.

Now, if Sally Pearson can deliver tonight ...

Jeez...They were pretty much punching each other. The payback will happen in Glasgow...I think Pendalton will come out of retirement for it. Meares will be up for it.

I still believe the Gold medal table is askewed...A Podium table seems far fairer. Australia is well within the top ten.

Pearson_2301077b.jpg

Sally Pearson, Gold, 100m Hurdles

Phew that was close! Even she wasn't sure at the end. But I'm so bloody happy now!

And I'll be in the stadium tomorrow for her victory ceremony - my first ever ceremony live watching the Aussie flag go up and singing Advance Australia Fair!!!!!

Good work!...Kind of sux that the gap tween event and ceremony is so long. Then I suppose they do need to test.

Hopfelly Australia feels more relaxed with a few more golds.

Good work!...Kind of sux that the gap tween event and ceremony is so long. Then I suppose they do need to test.

Suits me! Like I said, means I get to watch it in person in the stadium tomorrow!

Martin and I have been dancing about the flat!

As usual lately, it's the Ausssie girls who are earning nearly all our golds (3 out of the 4 we have so far)

Aussie is getting back up there on the gold count...But look at the silver count, Be proud of that achievement. Aussie still has what it takes to win.

The top twenty nations will always have the intense rivalry that makes the Olympics. The Anglo nations as one superteam still dominate.

Really pleased, especially for Anna Meares. Pendleton's always had a bit of a glass jaw, and if she can't handle an elbow in the kidneys ...

Thank god Australia now has 2 much better female icons, both in form and in performance, than Julia G and the lovely Gina Rinehart.

HAA!...Of the latter two woman, the PM may just get away with wearing a cycle onesuit but Gina would NOT be a sight to behold in a track racing top and briefs...No justice to Spandex in either case.

Archived