Canada In London

Faster

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone here happen to fully record the Open Water Men's Race where Canada won a bronze medal this morning? I realize that it's online on the CTVOlympics site, but I record any and all Canadians that win medals. I have all Canadian medal performances going back to 2002 and it's extremely important to me that I get this race in it's entirety because what CTV Primetime will show is likely to be extremely edited down and I want the full race.

I just need the race itself. If ANYONE recorded it can you please message me here or email me at krempfer@hotmail.com ? I will gladly pay any and all costs associated with this.

Thank You!

Did anyone here happen to fully record the Open Water Men's Race where Canada won a bronze medal this morning? I realize that it's online on the CTVOlympics site, but I record any and all Canadians that win medals. I have all Canadian medal performances going back to 2002 and it's extremely important to me that I get this race in it's entirety because what CTV Primetime will show is likely to be extremely edited down and I want the full race.

I just need the race itself. If ANYONE recorded it can you please message me here or email me at krempfer@hotmail.com ? I will gladly pay any and all costs associated with this.

Thank You!

The online full version is there but no commentary.

17 medals after today.

If Pendrel and De Jonge can win medals then 19 total which beats Beijing.

Columbe Fortier and Fournel/Cochrane are outside medal chances.

Also the Canadian 4x100 relay team finished third in the heats and hopefully they can win a medal.

We aren't the worst development NOC, Chinese Taipei is. But we are pretty close.

Coulombe-Fortier has a very, very favourable draw and is the #4 ranked athlete (#2 and #3 were not selected by their NOCs). If he doesn't get into a medal match it will be surprising, especially since two top ranked Iranians, a top ranked Italian and Uzbek are also not there.

Synchro judging needs to be reformed. Both the Canadian and American athlete commentators were shocked at the scores.

We aren't the worst development NOC, Chinese Taipei is. But we are pretty close.

Coulombe-Fortier has a very, very favourable draw and is the #4 ranked athlete (#2 and #3 were not selected by their NOCs). If he doesn't get into a medal match it will be surprising, especially since two top ranked Iranians, a top ranked Italian and Uzbek are also not there.

Synchro judging needs to be refamed. Both the Canadian and American athlete commentators were shocked at the scores.

It needs to be outright dropped. It was Rus-CHN-ESP coming in and leaving. No surprise. Its predictable. Sport = Unpredictable

12 bronze now and 1 gold.

using a points system 3 for gold 2 for silver 1 for bronze:

Athens: 24

Beijing: 33

London: 23

So even Athens has beaten performance so far.

Only one gold is embarrassing. It might get better with Taekwondo, but at this point more than two golds would be nearly shocking (considering how well Mountain Biking is going for Catherine so far :( ).

Well, so much for someone from my hometown becoming Olympic champion :/

Penderl finished off the podium. !

Clearly this is a wake up call. Although top 12 in total medals is nice and a top 10 in Rio as the goal 1 gold is embarrassing. The medals should be spread out.

Oh and it doesn't look good in taekwondo either. Fortier is against former world champion in the sport, Keita of Mali. Although he did fail to qualify and got a wildcard

Nice. There are a lot more badminton players in this country than trampolinists or bobsledders.

I hope not. There is a snowball's chance in hell of Canada winning a badminton medal. Sorry but that is fact. BTW Badminton got $0 table tennis is the one that got all of that money. If they switch I'd be content.

You don't see anything wrong with funding sports for the sole purpose of winning medals?

At the end of the day, who gives a **** about medals really? Do you have a better opinion of Hungary because they managed to win 8 gold medals. Is Austria suddenly a disgrace because they failed to win any medal?

Yeah, let's fund niche sports that no one practice so that we can all stroke our collective ego.

You don't see anything wrong with funding sports for the sole purpose of winning medals?

At the end of the day, who gives a **** about medals really? Do you have a better opinion of Hungary because they managed to win 8 gold medals. Is Austria suddenly a disgrace because they failed to win any medal?

Yeah, let's fund niche sports that no one practice so that we can all stroke our collective ego.

Off course I care about medals

Columbe Foriter is out.

Really disappointing Olympics, IMO. Only one gold and none of the silvers where even close - frankly the closest we got to a second gold was women's Football.

I don't know what went wrong, if it was just an off Olympics or if there is some sort of structural problem, but lest we forget that we came one Chinese Gymnast not having a missed bounce away from exiting London without a gold :/

Very unlike Beijing where we won three gold and got close to a couple more.

Archived