2012 Olympic ticket design?

For the OC seat categories, does a category mean a whole circular block of rows? Like each category is simply how farthest it is from the pitch?

I've always wondered if there has been a preferred/premium side of audience stands in past opening ceremonies (and for this year) as far as performance orientations are concerned. Or is it just something like: "Sorry if the rings and logo formation is upside-down from your side of the stadium, you still pay full price for this row cluster regardless of seat location."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaaaah. That's nothing but an abstract collection of trumpets, vuvuzuelas, lilies, giant golf tees (that's the word I was looking for), maybe canes and crutches -- like assorted stuff in an umbrella stand pot or something. I wouldn't read too much into that. I doubt that Heatherwick had anything to do with the design of the ticket. It was handled by a different Dept. The work is compartmentalized and Heatherwick's work would have nothing to do with Ticket Design. Why should it? Just like Danny Boyle's face isn't on there.

Also, Athens, that is NOT the 2,012GBP, Category AA ticket. That is one of the 4,000 GBP20.12, it says Category D, ticket for students, indigents, etc. But that thing is worth its weight in gold.

The Paralympic ticket looks like those tooth samples at the dentist when you're picking the right shade for a crown replacement.

HAVE YOU SEEN THOMAS HEATHERWICK'S WORK THOUGH? IT COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE CAULDRON AND WE JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

HAVE YOU SEEN THOMAS HEATHERWICK'S WORK THOUGH? IT COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE CAULDRON AND WE JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Yes, I have. And it may have NOTHING to do at all with the cauldron. See other post. Yes, a hidden meaning at every bend.

I don't think Sherlock Holmes is the lead in these ceremonies. At least, we don't know that ye either, do we??

Archived