2012 Olympic ticket design?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering how travelcards would be handled for people with multiple tickets on the same day. Based on the picture above, I'm assuming we'll get multiple date-specific travelcards. I was hoping for multiple non-date specific cards, but this is better than just getting one card.

Hmm, gonna have to look for a way to swap.

That's be me... two travel cards each for the 31st and 2nd. None for the 30th and 1st.

Why no travel cards for day where you have tickets... that's not normal , you could ask for them

OMG my tickets arrive today. Im still intreagued by the design on the opening ceremony tickets, whatis it on the front. Then when you see the paralympics opening ceremony ticket it gets even weirder.......whats that? Looks kinda like the giants causeway from above

ticketdesigns2.jpg

The Olympic ticket looks organic to me. Like some sort of flower or plant rather than a trumpet. The Paralympic ticket reminds me of rustic paving stones.

2012 pounds........ Sheesh!

Nice design on all the tickets. The pictograms definitely help add interest.

ticketdesigns2.jpg

Aaaaaah. That's nothing but an abstract collection of trumpets, vuvuzuelas, lilies, giant golf tees (that's the word I was looking for), maybe canes and crutches -- like assorted stuff in an umbrella stand pot or something. I wouldn't read too much into that. I doubt that Heatherwick had anything to do with the design of the ticket. It was handled by a different Dept. The work is compartmentalized and Heatherwick's work would have nothing to do with Ticket Design. Why should it? Just like Danny Boyle's face isn't on there.

Also, Athens, that is NOT the 2,012GBP, Category AA ticket. That is one of the 4,000 GBP20.12, it says Category D, ticket for students, indigents, etc. But that thing is worth its weight in gold.

The Paralympic ticket looks like those tooth samples at the dentist when you're picking the right shade for a crown replacement.

Time will tell ; ).

All Im saying is on the front of the football tickets theres an image of a footballer, something you will see with that that ticket at that venue. I think this image is something I can expect to see at the ceremonies. While the images are pretty ambiguous, they are also not instantly recognisable as ceremony stuff, I just think its odd, and a clue to something.

Maybe Im reading too much into it, like I say time will tell. Its doing my head in though.

The Olympic ticket looks organic to me. Like some sort of flower or plant rather than a trumpet. The Paralympic ticket reminds me of rustic paving stones.

2012 pounds........ Sheesh!

Nice design on all the tickets. The pictograms definitely help add interest.

Not those ones, they're £20.12

Archived