2012 Olympic ticket design?

Sorry if this is well covered in the 102 page monster ticket thread but have LOCOG actually released images of the 2012 tickets - the design, etc?

Hopefully a little better looking than these -

Img214320351.jpg

I've got 30 odd of these from my Beijing trip and they look cool by themselves individually but they make a godawful display when all framed together.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATRs would received their tickets mid june.... so in 3 weeks or so, we should start to know what looks like those tickets....

Right, and the tickets themselves didn't even begin to get printed until just over two weeks ago, so I'm expecting to see the design by the end of the month.

_60322773_tickets_challenger976.jpg

Here's the first public sight of Olympic tickets. These four were issued by the British Olympic Association to high jumper Ben Challenger, ahead of the public distribution. The Games organisers, Locog, said members of the public would receive an email later this month, telling them when to expect their tickets.

They're good. Very utilitarian and looks like contain all the info one needs to get to his venue and seat. Maybe the artistic side has been toned down a bit so that there won't be too many people who will just hang to them as souvenirs and NOT use, as apparently they did in Beijing!! The no-shows screw up the box-office stats of the event.

Do people actually do that?? Geez that's just silly

I did that in Beijing, but not on purpose. One morning we slept in and missed one of the events we had tickets to. That means I now have 1 unused ticket from Beijing which I have kept.

Do people actually do that?? Geez that's just silly

No need to do that as actually the tickets are just scanned (bare codes) and not cut on a corner... So if you take care of your ticket during the day of the event it will be brand new after that...

No need to do that as actually the tickets are just scanned (bare codes) and not cut on a corner... So if you take care of your ticket during the day of the event it will be brand new after that...

That's not the point though. Peasants and farmers in China's provinces simply ordered tickets because they wanted a little 'official' souvenir of the event. It appears that they had no intention whatsoever of spending any more yuans on a trip to the big city. And there's NOTHING wrong in what they did. They paid for the ticket; they're free to do with it as they please. It's their hard-earned money. It's not their fault if certain events are hot tickets. There are no hard statistics to go by; and it can only be deduced from the number of tix sold and not scanned or turned in at the gate. But in that case, the Org Committee should then make contingency plans, like for example, 20 mins after an oversubscribed session starts, if there are empty premium seats and there are hordes of people at the Gate still wanting to get in, then sell those at the Gate--and deal with later arrivals as they happen. There's a solution to everything.

Archived