i'm liking the no baron around here.

seems quieter, pretty chill around here. i like reading the threads. he's an angry person with lots of time on his hands.

did i ever tell you about the time i met a former member who had dinner with him? he said he was rude to the wait staff. i'm one of those people that that is just it. you can't be rude to the waitstaff. also: he snapped his fingers. i'm just going to leave that right there without comment.

anyway, more time for him to write another book with grainy pictures that bigdrew can trash on amazon.

jeez, no one wants to talk about baron?

not even the john travolta sex scandal tags up above blowing up the internet right now?

hottest thing since tiger woods, but gay, and... silence.

way to pick a time to die, gamesbids.com/forums.

Maybe he's turning over a new leaf....

nah.

I wouldn't be so sure that the Baron isn't around here still in some other persona ...

I'm more excited, and swooning, over Obama's new stance on Gay marriage than John Travolta's indiscretions.

mm. i think lots of people assumed he supported it but was being careful politically. in any event it doesn't carry much political gravity, since he affirmed it's still a state by state issue.

the president supports something ~48% of americans already do. may cost him some votes in blue dog pennsylvania, but i'm sure his strategists have run scenarios and probably figure they can carry the state anyway.

Yeah, I kind of miss arguing about Reno vs. Denver...

Obama announcing his support for gay marriage is hardly bid news in my opinion. He supported gay marriage 15 years ago, but back peddled when he started to run for public office. Anyway, his hands will be tied in a second term with the Republicans likely to control the House, and the Senate will be a near split.

Have I missed something? Why isn't Baron around anymore?

Apparently he posted for the last time in mid-March. I really didn't notice. Maybe I should have -- because he didn't speculate with us about the London cauldron recently. ;)

Whatever the reason is -- I for my part miss him, regardless how holier-than-thou his attitude might be sometimes, he also knew very much about ceremonies, which was especially useful in times likes these when a new edition of the Games approached.

So please tell me: Why has he left?

And by the way, Krow, talking about rudeness: I don't find it less rude making personal revelations about other members publicly in this forum -- especially not if the respective member isn't here to defend himself. The saying of the glass houses and the stones comes to my mind.

And by the way, Krow, talking about rudeness: I don't find it less rude making personal revelations about other members publicly in this forum -- especially not if the respective member isn't here to defend himself. The saying of the glass houses and the stones comes to my mind.

oh look at that. baron has fanboys.

He'll be back...Sure of it.

Miles PM'd me way back in March when he was being harrased over his book. I chose to stay out of it, but ordered his book in support. I don't mind silly feudal banter, but detest cruel bullying which IMO seemed to be going on here, which apparently has moved out into the public domain.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion...Even our friend, Jim Jones was...But things turn silly and get out of hand now and then.

I will always have time for Baron - however when he turns vicious it can be really full on.

In this instance both parties went stupidly overboard - however Drew didn't need to take it off forum and go after him on Amazon. That was very, very poor form and absolutely unnecesary.

I'll defend his right to his opinion though - as I do everyone else. If he comes back (I am sure he will) I just hope he doesn't take every bit of bait waved at him to fly off the handle.

And yes krow - I am a fan boy of Baron. And of you, Rol, CAF, Lee, Michelle etc etc. Us old timers need to have each others back!

Well, I'm glad Baron got banned. Not because I'm glad he got banned (eh?), but because for a while I was afraid had happened to him. As much as he can be (and often is) an ass, he's passionate and he's often quite entertaining.

I tend to side with krow. His absense has been noticable in that it wasn't. Until krow mentioned it I had completely forgotten about baron. I mean he can be a good poster, but he is stubborn and irrational. He has said some pretty harmful things over the years and many of his posts are little more than spam.

He is by far not the worst, but he is not one of the great ones either.

/\/\ Funny. The pot calling the kettle black? This site is far less entertaining than it was... Maybe those subjects of his strong words deserved that--after all, the world isn't all puff pastry and cream.

You've been here for a month. Believe me, after a few years you'll probably start to find the antics annoying.

Archived