Eurovision host Azerbaijan 'targets activists'

I know a great deal about Azerbaijan and many other parts of the world too. I appreciate its circumstances and historical experiences. I don't expect it to be like Iceland or a mature western democracy and I know it isn't like North Korea or Iran but that doesn't excuse - often totally unecesarry - violations of human rights. And I criticise those wherever they occur.

Nowhere is perfect but we should all strive to be perfect.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what i said whose human rights? it can be seen from outside cruel but if its fine with its citizens its not out problem..

if so its gonna start like we gonna bring u democracy screams of USA invading before iraq and afganistan.

everybodys right is basicly food air water and somewhere to sleep in basic insticts. before completing these or take it out of sight just blaming others that not fit our human rights criticts is a bit funny.

for me i dont care if they really rule tyranic or most advanced democratic ways cause its citizens choose dem or stand dem, like this religion is better than the other cause......... for me its much more important to see children dying from hunger or disease even we cured with a single pill at our homes.

and cause of tht i blame allll of us...

if a journalist kicked in a bad shape and now treatment in a hospital is this the big issue of azerbaijan and and their olympic bids? ( ok its st important but not making a WOW thingand accusing the whole country for tht) . common guys be realistic. everyone ha the same or similar things in their garbages.

I know a great deal about Azerbaijan and many other parts of the world too. I appreciate its circumstances and historical experiences. I don't expect it to be like Iceland or a mature western democracy and I know it isn't like North Korea or Iran but that doesn't excuse - often totally unecesarry - violations of human rights. And I criticise those wherever they occur.

Nowhere is perfect but we should all strive to be perfect.

darling we re humans... animals in another way.. do u see an animal feed others to have milk or eggs? or worse feeding dem with their kinds parts inside their foods?... do u really thing its a perfection :)

or worse dooming a whole world just for to satisfy our " i want" sentence?....

I'm still all for Azerbaijan, every country has its problems this may seem large about the government but Moscow won the games when they were right in the USSR, China won Beijing with a not so communist government. I havn't heard alot of negative press about Baku, not very well known, and about the knocking down of stuff, its a small country if you want bigger and better infrastructrue that is what you'll have to do i come from a large country with opportunities everywhere but i'm pretty sure Azerbaijan is small too

what i said whose human rights? it can be seen from outside cruel but if its fine with its citizens its not out problem..

if so its gonna start like we gonna bring u democracy screams of USA invading before iraq and afganistan.

everybodys right is basicly food air water and somewhere to sleep in basic insticts. before completing these or take it out of sight just blaming others that not fit our human rights criticts is a bit funny.

for me i dont care if they really rule tyranic or most advanced democratic ways cause its citizens choose dem or stand dem, like this religion is better than the other cause......... for me its much more important to see children dying from hunger or disease even we cured with a single pill at our homes.

and cause of tht i blame allll of us...

if a journalist kicked in a bad shape and now treatment in a hospital is this the big issue of azerbaijan and and their olympic bids? ( ok its st important but not making a WOW thingand accusing the whole country for tht) . common guys be realistic. everyone ha the same or similar things in their garbages.

I definitely agree if we are going to cause a huge fuss about a journalist that was injured (not saying it wasn't bad) how about USA bidding for the Olympics right in the GFC or invading Iraq for oil, killing thousands of people in Afghanistan to find Al Qaeda

Archived