Short List

Faster

I don't want to come across as arrogant, but I've quite passionately supported the winning bid of every Olympics since Beijing got 2008. Every year too, it was the city I knew win - although I had a slight feeling Paris could have nabbed 2012. I have to admit, I want Istanbul to win 2020, and I feel they're in for a good chance, but Tokyo isn't going to make it easy. Istanbul's faceoff with Tokyo for 2020, I think, will be the most confrontational since London went up against Paris for 2012.

That's only 3 bid succesful picks, beijing wasn't a hard one to pick. But congrats. I'm not knowledgeable what do i know i thought Doha would be shortlisted :P

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3?

I was pretty sure of Beijing, Vancouver, London, Sochi, Rio and Pyeongchang. That's six. ;)

Me too. Those weren't necessarily my favorite bids, but they were my expectations. Green and blue, we're doing better than Bid Index! If memory serves, it was wrong about Vancouver, London and Sochi.....

I'm still not ready to predict this race though. I really feel all three are legit contenders. Even Madrid.

Archived