Olympic Torches

Well, it didn't take long, for someone in Greece to try to sell his/her London 2012 Olympic torch.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2012-London-Olympic-Torch-Relay-Summer-Games-/280883736741?pt=US_Olympics_Fan_Shop&hash=item4165f9b0a5

dsc07805d.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Well it's not a matter that I couldn't afford the real thing, it's just that it's too excessive spending for just one torch, when I could get 3 good torches (i.e from the Olympic editions I like) out of that.

6600 is way too much i agree there are like 5 i could get that would equal the same as that

And wow it says no longer available hmmm

Well, this eBay listing for a London 2012 torch started at GBP 0.99!! So far, 28 bids have been made for it, with over 2 days to go.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/London-2012-Olympic-Torch-/270981359976?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item3f17bf6968

Well, this eBay listing for a London 2012 torch started at GBP 0.99!! So far, 28 bids have been made for it, with over 2 days to go.

http://www.ebay.ca/i...=item3f17bf6968

The buy it now is 280 000 bucks here and says reserve not met, says going to charity hmmm

They're selling it now because not many have had the torch which will make people go oh its rare but they're not holding the torch til 26th of june a month away lol some people...

Fake bidders. The sellers set up a second auction that says the money will go to charity. That one stands at £3000 odd quid. Looks like they have been getting abuse all day about it. Hopefully the more torches that are out there a more realistic price will be achieved. Vancouvers were going for about £1000 if I remember rightly.

Fake bidders. The sellers set up a second auction that says the money will go to charity. That one stands at £3000 odd quid. Looks like they have been getting abuse all day about it. Hopefully the more torches that are out there a more realistic price will be achieved. Vancouvers were going for about £1000 if I remember rightly.

Yeah people should just wait til after the games, their was a Vancouver torch last week for 900 bucks

WOW some people really need to read the fine print haha! In the description it says its a laser photo they'll send out poor people who bid! Should've read carefully

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/London-Olympic-Torch-2012-/320910673142?pt=UK_Art_Photographs_RL&hash=item4ab7c444f6#ht_600wt_1396

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently obtained a Vancouver 2010 torch :D , and OMG, I love it to bits! Its my first torch. I actually felt light headed when I held it up (and struck a pose, behind closed doors.... ;) , lol), I never relised how big it actually is.

Questions for other torch owners...

How did you feel when you obtained your first torch?

How big is your collection ?

and whats the one torch you want (if you don't already have it) above all others?

My dream torch would have to be a Sydney one, solely because its the only one I have seen in real life, when it passed through my town of Katherine,NT back in 2000 and for the obvious reason, its Australian. My first games too.

My aim is to have all the torches from Sydney 2000 up to the current day.... I guess its because I don't have any emotional attachment to the past torches or games before then. Other then that, London's one would be awesome.... but I guess I am going to have to wait a few years (that, or win the lotto or rob a bank... ^_^)... when the prices come down.... damn, I wish I had the money to burn... for now the Vancouver 2010 torch will have to satisfy my olympic torch mania.

Hahaha congrats! Yes i do love the Sydney one too also like Torino i don't own any so can't answer those questions :)

Thanks, Man! Its going to take me awhile to save up for another one.... I was meaning to ask you, why do you have the bid logos from 2012 in your signature? Just wondering......

But yeah, definately tempted by a few of the other torches on ebay at the moment. Though I guess being an Olympic year, its torch season on there.

Thanks, Man! Its going to take me awhile to save up for another one.... I was meaning to ask you, why do you have the bid logos from 2012 in your signature? Just wondering......

But yeah, definately tempted by a few of the other torches on ebay at the moment. Though I guess being an Olympic year, its torch season on there.

To show the bids that were for this year. Plus not a huge fan of the 2020 ones but after London is done and dusted i'll probably put them up.

If i take weeks to decide to bid on a bid book costing 100 bucks i can't imagine how long it would take for me to buy a torch. Yes being an olympic year is good more torches and sometimes cheaper. Good luck if you look for more

• 2 weeks later...

Archived