Junior Men

1. Joshua Farris, USA

2. Jason Brown, USA

3. Shotaro Omori, USA

Junior Ladies

1. Elena Radionova, Russia

2. Julia Lipnitskaia, Russia

3. Anna Pogorilaya, Russia

Wow, a sweep for both the US men and Russian ladies. The #3 US guy, Shotaro Omori, with a purely Japanese name, I hope he confuses the hell outta the Japanese men and judges when he moves to the senior level.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WFSC1.jpg

Competition Schedule

• Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:00 – Pairs Short Program
  • Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:45 – Opening on Ice, Men Short Program
  • Thursday, March 14, 2013, 10:30 – Ladies Short Program
  • Thursday, March 14, 2013, 17:15 – Ice Dance Short Dance
  • Friday, March 15, 2013, 11:45 – Pairs Free Program & Victory Ceremony
  • Friday, March 15, 2013, 17:45 – Men Free Program & Victory Ceremony
  • Saturday, March 16, 2013, 14:30 – Ice Dance Free Dance & Victory Ceremony
  • Saturday, March 16, 2013, 19:00 – Ladies Free Program & Victory Ceremony

Scheduled of 2013-2014 ISU Grand Prix Events

2013 18 - 20 Oct isu.gif Hilton HHonors Skate America ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013/2014 TBA, USA 25 - 27 Oct isu.gif Skate Canada International ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013/2014 St. John, New Brunswick, Canada 1 - 3 Nov isu.gif Cup of China ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013/2014 Beijing, China 8 - 10 Nov isu.gif NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013/2014 Tokyo , Japan 15 - 17 Nov isu.gif Trophee Bompard ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013/2014 Paris , France 22 - 24 Nov isu.gif Rostelecom Cup ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013/2014 Moscow, Russia 5 - 8 Dec isu.gif Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2013/2014
Combined Juniors and Seniors) Fukuoka, Japan

Pairs and men's short program finished.

Canada in 3 medal positions.

Dennis Ten finally emerged.

Quota for Sochi standings after short program (will change after the long program):

PAIRS:

RUS.gif Russia (3)
CAN.gif Canada (3)
GER.gif Germany (2)
CHN.gif China (2)

FRA.gif France (2)
USA.gif USA (2)
ITA.gif Italy (2)

FOR UK to qualify France needs to drop to 11th. Bulgaria and Poland will likely not qualify spot here unless the a team withdraws.

MEN
CAN.gif Canada (3)
JPN.gif Japan (3)
FRA.gif France (2)
CZE.gif Czech Republic (2)
ESP.gif Spain (2)
USA.gif USA (2)
CHN.gif China (1)
GER.gif Germany (1)
UZB.gif Uzbekistan (1)
SWE.gif Sweden (1)
RUS.gif Russia (1)
EST.gif Estonia (1)

Results after Short Programs

Mens

1. Patrick Chan CAN 98.37

2. Denis Ten KAZ 91.56

3. Kevin Reynolds CAN 85.16

4. Daisuke Takahashi JPN 84.67

5. Brian Joubert FRA 84.17

6. Michal Brezina CZE 83.09

Ladies

1. Yuna Kim KOR 69.97

2. Carolina Kostner ITA 66.86

3. Kanako Murakami JPN 66.64

4. Kaetyln Osmond CAN 64.73

5. Ashley Wagner USA 63.98

6. Mao Asada JPN 62.10

7.Akiko Suzuki JPN 61.17

Pairs

Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR

Maxim TRANKOV

RUS

Meagan DUHAMEL

Eric RADFORD

CAN

Aliona SAVCHENKO

Robin SZOLKOWY

GER

Yuko KAVAGUTI

Alexander SMIRNOV

RUS

Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS

Dylan MOSCOVITCH

CAN

Qing PANG

Jian TONG

CHN

I forgot to add Kazakhstan, Denmark, Austria and Belgium for men's singles

Women after shrot program:

KOR.gif South Korea (3)
JPN.gif Japan (3)
USA.gif USA (3)
ITA.gif Italy (2)
CAN.gif Canada (2)
RUS.gif Russia (2)
SWE.gif Sweden (2)
FRA.gif France (1)
CHN.gif China (1)
EST.gif Estonia (1)
ESP.gif Spain (1)

UKR.gif Ukraine (1)
GBR.gif Great Britain (1)
SVK.gif Slovakia (1)

can't remember how many spots are at stake in London. the other olympic qualifier will be Nebelhorn Trophy later this year.

24 for singles, 19 for dance and 16 for pairs. Neulborn trophy will have 6 spots for singles, 5 for dance and 4 for pairs.

IMO figure skating has one of the worse qualification system of any sport, winter or summer.

i worried about osmond during the short since she skated really early. she was the ninth skater and practically had to wait. but skating early seems to have helped her. she's skating 23rd in the free skate then followed by Yu-Na. I hope Duhamel and Radford upsets the Russians later. They drew the first spot in the final flight while the Russians drew last.

I wouldn't go that far. It is straight-forward, consistent means that the best are there. No country is deep enough to send 4 medal contenders.

Exactly. Figure skating also happens to have a lot of universality.

Only 4 countries would qualify for the team trophy (ie have at least one qualified in each event): Canada, USA, Russia and France.

Exactly. Figure skating also happens to have a lot of universality.

Only 4 countries would qualify for the team trophy (ie have at least one qualified in each event): Canada, USA, Russia and France.

Close. In Vancouver it would have been six (add Italy and Germany).

I wouldn't go that far. It is straight-forward, consistent means that the best are there. No country is deep enough to send 4 medal contenders.

That's not my objection. I think a limit of 3 per country is fine, and I also think that making sure only a few countries can actually send three skaters per event is also fine. Figure skating is also, unlike skiing, a sport where its really important to limit the number of entries to make sure everything is wrapped up in a sane amount of time.

What I have a problem with is how they decide which countries get a second or third entry. Essentially having one good skater can get you two or three entries. Having two good skaters can get you three entries. Whether or not you get three entries should be based on how good your third skater is. Whether or not you get two entries should be based on how good your second best skater is.

Its ridiculous that South Korea is about to get three entries in the women's event because of Kim Yu-na.

Though they need meet minimum standards for the Olympics and usually that is high up. Plus countries like Spain and Georgia rejected their second quota spot for the worlds (Georgia did that for the Olympics as well in 2010) for the WC. So will will likely see Korea sending 2 as opposed to 3.

Though they need meet minimum standards for the Olympics and usually that is high up. Plus countries like Spain and Georgia rejected their second quota spot for the worlds (Georgia did that for the Olympics as well in 2010) for the WC. So will will likely see Korea sending 2 as opposed to 3.

The second athlete should still have to qualify her own quota spot.

Archived