Yes, It was.

Topics and questions divided into 6 books, with 6 accompanying VHS videos for each "book", intended to visually show Athens' concept and clear any language barriers (it was a bilingual bid book).

Worth getting if you find one in good condition, only saw one in immaculate condition, should have bought it!

The one SwissO is showing, is the poor condition one that shows up on ebay from time to time.

Athens went big and over the top for their 1996 bid. Should have done the same for the 2004 bid, just updated!

Have the standard 3 file bid book to follow the IOC's standard. Then add 2 compact discs. One that will have the digital copy of the bid books and the other to have a visual presentation, similar to what they did for the 1996 bid.

Edited by Lord David
  • Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just going to quote the book. I'm just going to write was planned because i'm not sure which venues existed and which ones were games dependent. Archery was planned at Seneca College, King City. 50k

My letters,official reports, maps of villages and sports rules of Mexico 1968

They discussed gold coast But it was not part of the cluster plan it was all Brisbane not spread out to Gold coast

The box looks cool but the condition is appalling how much did the one you saw sell for David? Wow I can't wait to start collecting hopefully next time the postage doesnt cost double the item

^^ Clearly bid related material for the Athens 1996 bid. Every bidding city does stuff like this.

Still doesn't beat the 6 bid books and 6 videos.

I see one of you bid on the Athens info 1996 should be a finders fee for my awesome skills:p

It went for a little over 500 bucks, with 1 bid I believe. I was tempted to get it, but missed out from that lone bid.

The box looks cool but the condition is appalling how much did the one you saw sell for David? Wow I can't wait to start collecting hopefully next time the postage doesnt cost double the item

I see one of you bid on the Athens info 1996 should be a finders fee for my awesome skills:p

I have no interest in stuff like that, even if it could be considered as the equivalent of an Applicant File.

It went for a little over 500 bucks, with 1 bid I believe. I was tempted to get it, but missed out from that lone bid.

I have no interest in stuff like that, even if it could be considered as the equivalent of an Applicant File.

Wow thats pretty good price.

Ah ok maybe just a random ebayer bid on it.

^^ There's 2 kinds of Official Reports.

One officially done by the organizing committee of an Olympics 1 or 2 years after the Olympics to be presented to the IOC. The ones this seller seems to be selling are from the German Olympic Committee, for each edition of the Olympic Games and not the official IOC sanctioned one.

Reports are done so that the IOC and people in general can understand how the games were run, locations, venues etc and the official results for each competitor in those games. They're usually 3 file books like the Candidate books.

One officially done by the organizing committee of an Olympics 1 or 2 years after the Olympics to be presented to the IOC. The ones this seller seems to be selling are from the German Olympic Committee, for each edition of the Olympic Games and not the official IOC sanctioned one.

Reports are done so that the IOC and people in general can understand how the games were run, locations, venues etc and the official results for each competitor in those games. They're usually 3 file books like the Candidate books.

Oh wow! So smart haha, very interesting. I was just browsing cause he has the Berlin 2000 bid books or candidate files or something

Its Albertville 92 looks like an official OCOG Games Report. Just checking around, and will confirm !

He does have the Berlin 2000 Candidate books. Try and haggle, I managed to lower my copy (brought from him) to around 350, even though that's still a tad expensive (for such a poorly produced set).

fyi, I've got mine Berlin 2000 bb around 100 Euros.

He does have the Berlin 2000 Candidate books. Try and haggle, I managed to lower my copy (brought from him) to around 350, even though that's still a tad expensive (for such a poorly produced set).

Is their a difference between candidate books and bid book? (sorry still new) ha ha. 350 wow that's good haggle from 550 bucks. Maybe when i earn some more cash but you said they're pretty heavy and i doubt it would really be 50 bucks postage, i might save up for a better one but i'm sure sometime soon i'll buy :)

Its Albertville 92 looks like an official OCOG Games Report. Just checking around, and will confirm !

fyi, I've got mine Berlin 2000 bb around 100 Euros.

100 euros wow that's pretty good :) Glad i posted that link hope you guys find something your interested in and can add to your collection!

Seems like another German one. The skiier image is the same as one found in my digital copy of the Official Report, but the next page is different and simply more sport action shots.

These shots divide the report stuff with the official results for each sport.

It's simple efficient Japan in a large format book (hence why it's so thin, even if this is the Winter Games we're talking about).

Tokyo 2016 maintained both efficiency and a link to Japanese culture.

tokyo_1.jpg

WOW that's awesome! Really elegant i really hope to find them i havn't even see any 2016 bid books at all, are they good?

Just did some googling and chicago looks good aswell Madrid looks a bit plain but can't find rio's

Can't find an image of the Rio books, but did find Madrid and Chicago:

Madrid:

http://lovelypackage.com/madrid-2016-olympic-games-bid-book/

Chicago:

2016%282%29.jpg

45150132.jpg

I wasn't a real fan of the Madrid 2016 design at first, until you look at the deeper meaning with all those involved having their names engraved on the books.