Bid books

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! Yes, the 2008 is still on ebay. It is a solid set and quite nice (although the container is missing). Some books are easy to find (like Berlin 2000). Otherwise watch out ebay or maybe contact your national Olympic Committee. Sometimes Bid books pop up on ebay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately this seller from Greece is not exactly selling the complete Athens 1996 bid book. He's selling the contents of the 6 sub file binders (the X amount of mini-books) and not the complete package.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222099154325?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Which is a shame, because I really want one and offered him an offer. He says he has this and one that was in a wooden package. Guess he wants to keep the presentation box on display for his exhibitions as people don't actually see the contents, plus he has another one.

• 3 weeks later...

That Athens Guy is back selling another 1996 Bid Book Set - http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATHENS-1996-OLYMPIC-CANDIDATE-CITY-6-SUBFILES-FROM-THE-BIDING-FILE-/222126974295?

^^Seems to be the complete Set with the Box according to the Pictures provided. I'd go for it but timing kills it for me...

Nope. Quoted from the text.

THIS AUCTION IS ONLY ABOUT THE 6 SUBFILES. THE PHOTOS OF THE HOLE BIDING FILE ARE ONLY TO GET AN IDEA AND NOT OF THE SELLING ITEM

It's the complete set of books you get from the whole bid package. I contacted him if he was willing to sell the whole thing, but no, he's only willing to sell whatever X mini books there are.

I guess he want's to keep the package for display purposes, as he's a regular in exhibits, I guess all you need to do is show off the box and not so much the contents.