Bid books

Dear all, I am looking for the IOC Evaluation Report for the 2002 Cities. Does anyone have it?

Furthermore, I have got a question regarding the Beijing 2000 Bid Books. I have them and its just three books in a plain box. Was that really all? I can imagine that they came along with something more or is this set really a "classic" one (three books only)?

Hmmm.... Well, Puppy did upload their Bid Summary, it did look plain even though it was scanned black and white, you can see they used poor binding on the summary like Berlin did with their bid books, All the other candidates (Including Milan not Brasilia & Tashkent) produced a 3 Volume Bid Book Set, so I think Beijing did the same, I hope thias helps, as for the 2002 Evaluation Report, I will try and look for it, maybe ask Puppy and see if he has anything.

You Welcome! Happy to help! I enjoy researching so yeah.... anyways, Tominger, you seem to have some rare books, I've read a few of your posts that say you have Sochi 2002 (I've been looking for them for 9 years now!) and now you've found Beijing.... (Another one I'm hunting down!) How do you find this stuff though?

I'm currently looking for:

Nagoya 1988

Seoul 1988

Berchtesgaden 1992 (Which I believe I've found somewhere)

Paris 1992 (Found a Summary but no sign of the Full Bid Book Set)

Belgrade 1992 or 1996

Toronto 1996

Brasilia 2000 (A Photo Album, found)

Milan 2000

Beijing 2000

Sochi 2002 (9 Years!)

Quebec 2002

San Juan 2004

St. Petersburg 2004

Rio 2004

Osaka 2008

So yeah, I got a pretty long list there...

Just going to quote the book. I'm just going to write was planned because i'm not sure which venues existed and which ones were games dependent.

Archery was planned at Seneca College, King City. 50km North of Toronto and a 45 minute drive from the Olympic village. They were also going to use the Sunnybrook Park as an existing training venue which was only 15 minutes from the Olympic Village.

Athletics was planned at the Olympic Stadium on Toronto's lakefront, which was part of a 200-hectare park. Proposed for 80,000 spectators. They were going to use a 400m, outdoor warm up track overlooking the lake which was to be constructed next to the olympic stadium and had proposed an underground tunnel for exclusive use for athletes and coaches.

Accomodation for athletes was planned as follows:

Athletes will be accomodated at the olympic village on Toronto's lakefront. Each 3-room apartment will house 4 athletes and will be equipped with a kitchen and 2 washrooms.

Badmington was planned at Varsity Arena which is part of the University of Toronto and is a 10-minute drive from the Olympic village

Baseball was planned at the Skydome which was within walking distance of both the Olympic Village and International Broadcast and press Centre

Basketball was planned at the Canada Coliseum (a new venue) which was planned to be built in North York, a 25 minute drive (15km) from the Olympic Village

Boxing was planned at the Maple Leaf Gardens which is on the city's subway line

Canoeing was planned at the Western Beaches Rowing and Canoeing Basin. And the white water slalmon racing programme will be held in Minden, Ontario. The new Olympic Canoeing Basin on the Toronto lakefront will be next to the Olympic Park.

The three cycling events were to take pace to at three sites. The track event was to be staged at the velodrome. The 100km team timed trial will be staged on a section of the Queen Elizabeth Highway. And the Individual road race will be staged on a 19.3km circuit in Dundas, Ontari. And then it says the Centennial Park, Etobicoke, is a 20 minute drive from the Olympic Village.

Equestrian was planned at the Eglinton Equestrian Club in Cedar Valley which was a 45 minute drive from the Olympic Village. And keeping in Olympic tradition the jumping finals were to be held in the Olympic stadium.

Fencing was planned at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre which was located within walking distance of the Olympic Village and Subway.

Football was planned at Hamilton, London and Sudbury. And the principal venue was the Olympic Stadium.

Gymnastics was planned at the SkyDome stadium and the Metro Toronto Convention Stadium.

Handball was planned at the new Mississauga Field House which was to be a 25 minute drive from the Olympic Village

Hockey was planned at Varsity Stadium as part of the University of Toronto and was a 10 minute drive from the Village.

Judo was going to be at the Coliseum, walking distance of the Olympic Village.

Modern Pentathlon was to be held at the venues of the respective Olympic sports, Cross country run was to be planned at High Park which was 10 minutes from the Village.

Rowing was to be held at Western Beaches Rowing and Canoeing Basin which was to be built next to the Olympic park.

Shooting was planned at CFB Borden, Barrie a 65 minute drive from Olympic Village

Swimming and Synchronized swimming was to be held at the Olympic Aquatic Centre proposed for Olympic Park. The diving competition and medal rounds of waterpolo were to be staged at the new Scarborough Olympic Aquatorium, And Waterpolo preliminary events were to be held at the Markham Olympic Sports Centre.

Table tennis was to be held at the new Markham Olympic Sports centre which was 35 minute drive from Olympic Village.

Tennis to be held at National Tennis Centre at York University which is a 30 minute drive from the Olympic Village.

Volleyball was to be held at the Skydome Stadium in Toronto. Prelim events to be held at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.

Weightlifting was to be held at the O'keefe Centre,in the downtown core which was a 5 minute drive from the Olympic Village.

Wrestling to be held at York University Field House, on the campus of York University a 30 minute drive from Olympic Village

Yachting was to be held at the Olympic Yachting Harbour at Ontario Place is next to the Olympic Park and a 5-minute drive from Village.

Wow that took ages hahaha.

• Like 4

Just going to quote the book. I'm just going to write was planned because i'm not sure which venues existed and which ones were games dependent.

Archery was planned at Seneca College, King City. 50km North of Toronto and a 45 minute drive from the Olympic village. They were also going to use the Sunnybrook Park as an existing training venue which was only 15 minutes from the Olympic Village.

Athletics was planned at the Olympic Stadium on Toronto's lakefront, which was part of a 200-hectare park. Proposed for 80,000 spectators. They were going to use a 400m, outdoor warm up track overlooking the lake which was to be constructed next to the olympic stadium and had proposed an underground tunnel for exclusive use for athletes and coaches.

Accomodation for athletes was planned as follows:

Athletes will be accomodated at the olympic village on Toronto's lakefront. Each 3-room apartment will house 4 athletes and will be equipped with a kitchen and 2 washrooms.

Badmington was planned at Varsity Arena which is part of the University of Toronto and is a 10-minute drive from the Olympic village

Baseball was planned at the Skydome which was within walking distance of both the Olympic Village and International Broadcast and press Centre

Basketball was planned at the Canada Coliseum (a new venue) which was planned to be built in North York, a 25 minute drive (15km) from the Olympic Village

Boxing was planned at the Maple Leaf Gardens which is on the city's subway line

Canoeing was planned at the Western Beaches Rowing and Canoeing Basin. And the white water slalmon racing programme will be held in Minden, Ontario. The new Olympic Canoeing Basin on the Toronto lakefront will be next to the Olympic Park.

The three cycling events were to take pace to at three sites. The track event was to be staged at the velodrome. The 100km team timed trial will be staged on a section of the Queen Elizabeth Highway. And the Individual road race will be staged on a 19.3km circuit in Dundas, Ontari. And then it says the Centennial Park, Etobicoke, is a 20 minute drive from the Olympic Village.

Equestrian was planned at the Eglinton Equestrian Club in Cedar Valley which was a 45 minute drive from the Olympic Village. And keeping in Olympic tradition the jumping finals were to be held in the Olympic stadium.

Fencing was planned at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre which was located within walking distance of the Olympic Village and Subway.

Football was planned at Hamilton, London and Sudbury. And the principal venue was the Olympic Stadium.

Gymnastics was planned at the SkyDome stadium and the Metro Toronto Convention Stadium.

Handball was planned at the new Mississauga Field House which was to be a 25 minute drive from the Olympic Village

Hockey was planned at Varsity Stadium as part of the University of Toronto and was a 10 minute drive from the Village.

Judo was going to be at the Coliseum, walking distance of the Olympic Village.

Modern Pentathlon was to be held at the venues of the respective Olympic sports, Cross country run was to be planned at High Park which was 10 minutes from the Village.

Rowing was to be held at Western Beaches Rowing and Canoeing Basin which was to be built next to the Olympic park.

Shooting was planned at CFB Borden, Barrie a 65 minute drive from Olympic Village

Swimming and Synchronized swimming was to be held at the Olympic Aquatic Centre proposed for Olympic Park. The diving competition and medal rounds of waterpolo were to be staged at the new Scarborough Olympic Aquatorium, And Waterpolo preliminary events were to be held at the Markham Olympic Sports Centre.

Table tennis was to be held at the new Markham Olympic Sports centre which was 35 minute drive from Olympic Village.

Tennis to be held at National Tennis Centre at York University which is a 30 minute drive from the Olympic Village.

Volleyball was to be held at the Skydome Stadium in Toronto. Prelim events to be held at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.

Weightlifting was to be held at the O'keefe Centre,in the downtown core which was a 5 minute drive from the Olympic Village.

Wrestling to be held at York University Field House, on the campus of York University a 30 minute drive from Olympic Village

Yachting was to be held at the Olympic Yachting Harbour at Ontario Place is next to the Olympic Park and a 5-minute drive from Village.

Wow that took ages hahaha.

After reading this I am left wondering how the hell Atlanta won...

True, and don't for get Montreal which kind of hurt them. Still the US had LA and Lake Placid in the same decade.

Both LA and Lake Placid were the only bidders for their years. One could argue that perhaps Atlanta might have been a thank you to USA for saving the IOC's bacon not once but twice.

Both LA and Lake Placid were the only bidders for their years. One could argue that perhaps Atlanta might have been a thank you to USA for saving the IOC's bacon not once but twice.

I was not born yesterday I know that many people think Atlanta was a thank you, it was an expression. I was saying that Toronto had a better plan and probably would have hosted much better than Atlanta.