Bid books

ag, there used to be this site where you could look at all the past things that have been sold online including olympic bid books. But the site was bookmarked on my old computer which broke down and after an hour of searching I can't find the site and can't remember the name. if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated.

Whoever tells me that San Juan didn't make to the candidature phase, then for what reason the Lille 2004 bid book is still electronically available? (And it's still with me) The IOC changed the rules in 2005 in where it is today, as applicant cities must submit their questionnaire responses before they're admitted to the shortlist in which THEY'RE sending the bid books.

In this forum post, there were illustrated proposals derived from the bid book as can be found here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1056619

Whoever tells me that San Juan didn't make to the candidature phase, then for what reason the Lille 2004 bid book is still electronically available? (And it's still with me) The IOC changed the rules in 2005 in where it is today, as applicant cities must submit their questionnaire responses before they're admitted to the shortlist in which THEY'RE sending the bid books.

In this forum post, there were illustrated proposals derived from the bid book as can be found here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1056619

I did like San Juans bid, they should bid again.

Err no. San Juan can try again for 2024. Seems logical as it would be 20 years since 2004.

They have the two arenas, might find a creative way for the 3rd (Basketball, Volleyball, Handball).

They have the convention centre and a working metro too.

We'll just have to see if they bid of course.

• Like 1

I got Lille 2004's pdf bid book. A poorly presented bid! They should have stuck with nice illustrations rather than mixing it with renders. They could have marketed it as a fairytale style bid had they gone solely using illustrations and not even including the limited photos they used to showcase various existing venues etc.

Like for 2002, there were strict regulations for 2004: use of photos only if really needed. Therefore, we have the Bid Books of Buenos Aires and St. Petersburg - not using a single photo at all (Buenos Aires just three or four) and the cities, which did not care of the rules like Rome and Stockholm and therefore presented some of the best Bid Books ever produced.

The Lille Bid Book looks cheap indeed - but the concept is very intersting and sowhat strange, that it is a good read.

Err no. San Juan can try again for 2024. Seems logical as it would be 20 years since 2004.

They have the two arenas, might find a creative way for the 3rd (Basketball, Volleyball, Handball).

They have the convention centre and a working metro too.

We'll just have to see if they bid of course.

ONLY for the 2030 Summer YOG. The bigger counterpart is NOT suitable unless you're staging the Central American and Caribbean Games, like it occured with San Juan in 1966, Ponce in 1993, and most recently, Mayaguez in 2010. We also held the VIII Pan-American Games in 1979.