Bid books

Sochi is tempting... though I really shouldn't be buying since I've just spent a reasonable amount on Lego parts from Bricklink.com

Been wanting to make a proper "pirate" (or in this case Imperial) ship using the base parts found in this Time Cruisers set http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6493-1 and the parts I've purchased.

6493-1.jpg

Actually slightly more than that. I bought around that much from a seller in Canada.

Then needed more parts so got 10 dollars worth from a seller in Sale, Victoria. The minimum was 10 bucks so just threw a bicycle in there even though I don't really need or want it.

I think Sochi did everything right.

For the Applicant book they literally proposed everything they had but the kitchen sink. The Olympic Park was smaller with some venues such as the Curling Arena and Speed Skating Oval to be located in legacy locations along the coast, as part of the legacy of converting them into a Convention Center and Market respectively. They even proposed to upgrade the existing Central Stadium as the site for Ceremonies.

Then bam, in the Candidate book they changed things around by proposing a proper Olympic Park style setup, complete with a new stadium for ceremonies.

Lego collecting? Cool, though off topic of course do you build, collect sets or get stuff thats MISB?

I still collect Lego too

Postage to Australia is always going to be pricey from Europe, Darcy. The Salzburg set is much nicer than the Sochi ones. However as a winning bidder Sochi will always go for more.

Yeah I know haha. Well i'll have a look hopefully they get relisted cheaper if noone buys haha.

Relisted them but only $5 cheaper and he put them up for a week! At this rate I won't be buying the one I want til July at these prices lol. The one week thing sucks

Not sure you will find better deals.

This guy is listing them during 2 or 3 weeks every year.

He did not look in an hurry...

• Like 1

Well, I dont think you wont find them much cheaper anywhere. And I dont know what you want in general - you always talk that you hope that there will be sth interesting popping up on ebay and when it comes to buying you dont do it. 95 Bugs for Salzburg 2014, 85 for the Applicant File of Istanbul 2020 (potential winning city)and only 85 for Calgary is a very good deal. The same with Sion 2002 - quite impossible to find nowadays and for 45 Dollar its the perfect deal. It was obvious that Sochi 2014 will go for more than 200 - its a beautiful set, a winning bid and I even expected them to go for more, because its a very tough find. In general, everything up to 150 for a non succesful Bid is more than fine - and if you take it serious you would pay that price.

Well there was a Salzburg one which I missed out on a few months ago which went for $50 which is what I was hoping it would get down to. I know they are great prices but im more unsure now cause I bought the Manchester one which turned out not to be the official bid book so I kind of blew $110 right there

Relisted for $5 cheaper (I would've done less but now I put it on international) Fingers crossed!

Funny that you were angry about hight cost for some bid books and their shipping costs.....

Your one, that according to what you wrote here is not a bid book (but that you are selling as one), is USD87 and the shipping to Europe is USD102 ???????

Funny that you were angry about hight cost for some bid books and their shipping costs.....

Your one, that according to what you wrote here is not a bid book (but that you are selling as one), is USD87 and the shipping to Europe is USD102 ???????

Well. I payed $110 for the Manchester, i'm writing what the person I bought it from said on his item, he had over 10 watchers on his item so i followed the same ebay outline. I'm already losing $25 in a month from this item however if need be I will go lower. And I wasn't angry I wish they were cheaper however if this does sell in the coming days I would end up buying the one i'm looking at however after blowing $110 on the Manchester one naturally i'm more hesitant.