Bid books

Any chance to lower or completely remove costs? Or maybe just a small annual subscription fee similar to here?

I'm not dissing about the costs, I get why they're there, but considering the old bid library had similar stuff uploaded for free, surely this can do something similar?

We might offer some good discounts to Premium members. We're still working on it.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh509/carloseduardonunes/Bid%20Books/holaeveryone.png

www.bibliotecaolimpica.com

>> BId Books (Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, Youth Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Pan American Games, FIFA World Cup...)

>> Applicant Files

>> Folders

>> IOC Evaluation Reports

>> Official Reports

Enjoy!

• Like 2

http://i1249.photobu...olaeveryone.png

>> BId Books (Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, Youth Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Pan American Games, FIFA World Cup...)

>> Applicant Files

>> Folders

>> Official Reports

Enjoy!

http://i1249.photobu...olaeveryone.png

>> Applicant Files

>> Folders

>> Official Reports

Enjoy!

Wow! Thank you so much! Welcome to the forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I see Tominger got $130 for Tokyo 2016. Good job

Sofia 1992 bid book I think. I'll wait to see if the experts agree. If anyone still reads this section!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1986-VINTAGE-BULGARIAN-1992-OLYMPIC-WINTER-GAMES-CANDIDATE-CITY-PHOTO-ALBUM-BOOK-/110988882938?pt=US_Olympics_Fan_Shop&hash=item19d773f3fa&_uhb=1#ht_14054wt_1271

• 2 weeks later...

200 Pounds for a succesful Bid is not pricey and who cares if the case is included? Sure, its better with the container, but if the container is just a cardbord box, it really doesn`t matter. I would be happy to find the books I am still missing - no matter in which condition they are and no matter if the box is included.

• Like 1

I got those Berlin 2000 bid books.

Nothing special, but considering the competition and criticism from Germans/Berliners themselves that money should be spent on infrastructure, reconstruction etc, the Berlin team did have a lot of venues on hand.

The Deutscheslandhalle from the1936 games, the International Congress Center (which formed part of the Nazi era exhibition center), the Olympic Pool and Olympiastadion were some of the existing venues that would play host to a wide variety of sports. Most of the indoor sports were easily covered this way, with the proposal to build a new velodrome, minor arena and major one (which eventually happened in various stages, some post 2000). Aquatics was to be boosted with an indoor pool much like what Rio is doing.

All in all, considering the situation, Berlin at the time did logically believe it had adequate venues at hand, that the new ones would benefit the city and that most importantly, it would solidify reunification. Shame we never got a chance to see that, but here's hoping for 2024.

My main criticism of the books is the binder style format they went with. The loose binder style paper really is flimsy with the folder each book is with. They should have gone with the proper book format or with tighter binders, or even a proper ring binder type system (the common one like what Quebec 2002 did). Guess it was the nature of their possibly low budget bid.

Edited by Lord David

Shame about that and hope they throw there hat in the ring for 2024. Of course he declined my offer but his is ridiculously high. I'm kind of wanting to expand my 2 books. I messages the abebooks seller about the Toronto 96 books but he hasn't replied they have been up for 6 months now. heres hoping. Can't seem to find any others.

@ Lord: I am glad that you found the Books of Berlin. Their concept was quite nice (many venues have been built as the Velodrome and the Aquatics center). They had no Budget problems back in 1993 but they produced 3500 (!!!) Bid Booksand and saved money in the production. Therefore they decided to produce them in this bland Binder-Version. Some of the sets included an additional Paralympic Binder (three binders in the container and the Paralympic one extra).

@OlympicFan:

Have you seen this already? Here you can get the Bid Books for about 90 Euro. I think the price is ok - but maybe you can get a good price if you send them an Email:

http://www.agon-antiquariat.de/buch-berlin-2000-olympische-sommerspiele-baende-p-3666.html

Edited by tominger