Bid books

You don't really need the Paralympic one. Back then bidding for the Paralympics was optional, a single page or section of those bid books simply made mention of what funds would be allocated towards the Paralympics, therefore indicating the city's intention to host those games.

I assume the Berlin supplement is an expanded "volume" about the Paralympics, with more detailed information other than your intention to host (if you win the Olympics) and how much money will be allocated for the event.

You don't really need the Paralympic one. Back then bidding for the Paralympics was optional, a single page or section of those bid books simply made mention of what funds would be allocated towards the Paralympics, therefore indicating the city's intention to host those games.

I assume the Berlin supplement is an expanded "volume" about the Paralympics, with more detailed information other than your intention to host (if you win the Olympics) and how much money will be allocated for the event.

So you think its worth it?

Its worth the set. No matter if the Paralympic Volume is included or not - you are a bit hesistant when it comes to buy a bookset darcy, hm?! :rolleyes:

Is still have Tokyo 2016 here, but I wont put it on ebay at the moment, as I am not willed to pay the fees.

Only Buenos Aires seems like a shortened version of a 3 file bid book (i.e bid related document).

Sofia 1992 seems to be the English version (there's also a French version, it was never done together)

Montreal, seems legit. Dunno about Munich, Mexico city might be legit too. Remember, these were the days when you just answered the questionnaire and put forward your proposal, there was no clear definition on how the book should look like, how many books there should be or what language it should be in (though English and French would be a priority over other optional languages).

Would love to see an actual 2004 bid book pop up, Rome, Cape Town or Stockholm or really any bid books, coming close to London games where are they haha

Where are theyß They are almost impossible to find and wont pop up on ebay. Rome did pop up once within the last eight years, Capetown also and I have never seen Stockholm on ebay.

The Buenos Aires booklet seems to be a summary of the Bid and Mexico and Munich are the books submitted to the IOC.

Where are theyß They are almost impossible to find and wont pop up on ebay. Rome did pop up once within the last eight years, Capetown also and I have never seen Stockholm on ebay.

The Buenos Aires booklet seems to be a summary of the Bid and Mexico and Munich are the books submitted to the IOC.

Aw that sucks, Cape town would be good any would be i guess actually haha.

That's interesting, bit pricey but i guess they are older

very off topic and i apologise but i have just received a pair of Vancouver 2010 red mittens :)

It's all good this thread is as good as dead anyway. congrats :)

i reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllly want a torch, just cant justify the prices atm but i want one sooo much lol

I saw one a month ago for $800, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...