Bid books

Can't find an image of the Rio books, but did find Madrid and Chicago:

Madrid:

http://lovelypackage...games-bid-book/

Chicago:

2016%282%29.jpg

45150132.jpg

I wasn't a real fan of the Madrid 2016 design at first, until you look at the deeper meaning with all those involved having their names engraved on the books.

Oh the names engraved wow that's really cool! Chicago looks really good aswell! But i love tokyo. I loved tokyo's bid logo same with Madrid

^^ It's in French, no one wants that.

May be people with education and not only speaking the only one English language could be interested... and even if in French it's a rare bid book ! :angry:

I'm not actually buying, but still have an eye on it....

May be people with education and not only speaking the only one English language could be interested... and even if in French it's a rare bid book ! :angry:

I'm not actually buying, but still have an eye on it....

I'm sure it'd be interesting however havnt had he fortune to learn a foreign language so expensive. For a class here for Italian I'd something like 100 bucks I'm sticking to the free apps for now.

I wonder if any other forumers have bid books and will join in. Should be getting my stuff in next 2 weeks so I'm very excited yet still checking eBay for NYC or Chicago or are all English?

NYC 2012 and Chicago 2016 are bilingual. Any bid related stuff might be in English only, but the bid books and applicant files are bilingual.

Yes, all "modern" bid books & applicant files are bilingual French & English, the 2 official languages of the IOC.

Some applicant files and also bid books (but mostly in pdf) are also bilingual English + the language of the country ! (Spain, Turkey, Brazil, ...)

Regarding the promotional brochures, it depends.... you will find some bilingual english/french when used at some official IOC functions, some others in the sole language of the bidding country, some others in some of the main languages of the IOC members (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, ....) and finally some various on the language were some promotional operations were realized (I have for example some Rio 2016 bid brochures in German, when they were doing promotional actions during the 2009 IAAF World Champs !)

Yes, all "modern" bid books & applicant files are bilingual French & English, the 2 official languages of the IOC.

Some applicant files and also bid books (but mostly in pdf) are also bilingual English + the language of the country ! (Spain, Turkey, Brazil, ...)

Regarding the promotional brochures, it depends.... you will find some bilingual english/french when used at some official IOC functions, some others in the sole language of the bidding country, some others in some of the main languages of the IOC members (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, ....) and finally some various on the language were some promotional operations were realized (I have for example some Rio 2016 bid brochures in German, when they were doing promotional actions during the 2009 IAAF World Champs !)

Oh ok so english that's good to know when seeing bid book, but how come that berlin 2000 one i posted wasn't bilingual? or was that not the actual bid book?

Ok since this is my thread and i think it would look bad if i post another thread so soon i'll post this here too, 2010 Olympic torch and outfit 2000 bucks, if i only i had the money, my friends dad is a sports journalist and has a few torches that he ran with! here's the link i'm sure this person has a lot of stuff as they're from Greece (poor assumption i know)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/London-2012-Vancouver-2010-Original-Olympic-Torch-with-New-Torchbearer-Uniform-/110865415704?pt=US_Olympics_Fan_Shop&hash=item19d017fe18#ht_7545wt_1396

The seller has alot of Olympic historical stuff for sale don't know if it's legit a 1896 medal thing that were for sale to the public etc http://www.ebay.com/sch/olympic_gallery/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Ok since this is my thread and i think it would look bad if i post another thread so soon i'll post this here too, 2010 Olympic torch and outfit 2000 bucks, if i only i had the money, my friends dad is a sports journalist and has a few torches that he ran with! here's the link i'm sure this person has a lot of stuff as they're from Greece (poor assumption i know)

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_7545wt_1396

You are not the owner of a thread.... even if you started it !!!!

And it is better to get specific thread on specific topics instead of mixing everything in a same thread...

I opened a new "torch" thread for you here : !!!

You are not the owner of a thread.... even if you started it !!!!

And it is better to get specific thread on specific topics instead of mixing everything in a same thread...

I opened a new "torch" thread for you here : http://www.gamesbids...lympic-torches/ !!!

Ok reckon we could make that thread general merchandise like if we think there is a bargain on ebay we want to share?