Bid books

Thought i'd post tis here, post pictures of bid books you have

I've stumbled onto a few on ebay recently some decent ones i'd buy if they were cheaper but doubt they will

anyone have the 1996 manchester or melbourne one or 1992 belgrade or brisbane one?

would love to see photos and details thanks :D

Just found this berlin, i find it hard to differ from bid books candidature files (I'm new to this sorry haha) But this looks pretty complex but 500 bucks wow

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Orig-Application-font-Olympic-Games-2000-Candidat-City-BERLIN-Complete-Box-/120890165751?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item1c259d89f7#ht_2359wt_1163

I currently have:

Melbourne 1996

Berlin 2000

Sydney 2000

Paris 2008

Paris 2012

Annecy 2018

and now I got my eyes on a certain other bid book, from the 2004 bid race, hope I get it.

I got Berlin 2000 for around 300 AUD. Not really worth it since aside from partial professionalism and bland design, practically speaking it was just a waste of binder space. They could have made the binders a tad smaller, but no, they opted for big. Heck, they could have scrapped that altogether and gone for the conventional book format.

Edited by Lord David

I currently have:

Melbourne 1996

Berlin 2000

Sydney 2000

Paris 2008

Paris 2012

Annecy 2018

and now I got my eyes on a certain other bid book, from the 2004 bid race, hope I get it.

I got Berlin 2000 for around 300 AUD. Not really worth it since aside from partial professionalism and bland design, practically speaking it was just a waste of binder space. They could have made the binders a tad smaller, but no, they opted for big. Heck, they could have scrapped that altogether and gone for the conventional book format.

Oh so that's you bidding on that certain book, i've been looking at it and contemplating, there's many winter olympic ones but i think there candidature ones.

Whats Melbourne 1996 like?

I have a copy of the 1996 Melbourne bid books in English (it was produced in either English or French, but not billingual in 1 file sort of deal).Comes in a green padded "suitcase" with French on the front. Should have the logo stickered on the front, but that's not there.

3 books:

The City - Gold (descriptions of the city of Melbourne, our bid concept, culture, brief technical information, accommodation, athletes village, answers to the questionnaire etc.)

The Sports - Silver (information about each of the sports, venue plan, technical information etc.)

The Media - Bronze (extensive information on the proposed Main Press Centre, current state of technological infrastructure in Melbourne and proposed infrastructure)

Key aspects:

The proposed site of the Athletes' Village and Media Village would have been in Docklands, where Docklands Stadium and Harbour Town currently stand. The Main Media Centre would have been a multi-story skyscraper located downtown, a solution to avoiding the use of a large area for a temporary Media Centre, or the use of an exhibition centre for such a use.

There would have been no Melbourne Exhibition Centre. Instead, it would have been the Royal Exhibition Building, expanded with a modern exhibition annex (which IMO, the connected building would have ruined the state of the Royal Exhibition Building, it is possible that the design would have been modified and be similar in size of the Melbourne Museum and not connected, the building which occupies this site.

The MCG would have undergone the renovations already set in motion to prepare it for the 1992 Cricket World Cup. The remaining Ponsford, Member's and Olympic Stands would have been heavily upgraded, replaced with all seating and capacity would have been 107,000 all seated, surprisingly larger than it's current capacity of 95,000 seats, 100,000 overall.

The Velodrome would have been located at the Showgrounds, as opposed to the same site for the 1956 Olympics (or the same venue for that matter). Melbourne's rectangular stadium would have been resolved by heavily expanding and upgrading the 1956 warm-up stadium. A good chunk of venues were located in the CBD. With Equestrian and Archery located in the suburb of Werribee around 32 km from the CBD and the Rowing/Canoeing events held at the National Water Sports Centre in Bangholme around 31 km from the CBD, the only venues outside of the city centre.

225848_10150181957141432_521006431_7463607_5675824_n.jpg

Edited by Lord David

@ Olympic Fan Darcy: 349 pounds for the Berlin 2000 Bid Book is a joke. You will find these books from time to time on the german ebay for abou 50 - 100 Euro. They are quite poor, as they are only in a binder and a bit boring, unfortunatly.

Athens 2004 is on ebay.com; I am quite excited for how much it is sold this time. Also Athens was one of the poor looking books of the 2004 sets. Nothing in comparison to Rome or Stockholm or the others.

Thanks guys real helpful stuff. I wasn't going to bid on the Berlin one I'm not an expert but 500 seems like alot to me I'm current,t bidding on a Manchester one however I don't thik it's the book just think it's a candidate file I'm tempted for Athens and Paris but can't justify ha much on a book yet definite will be buying more in the future :) I can't wait go check ou the Manchester one and lemme know don't outbid me haha

Sorry about spelling I'm on ipad

YES! Try abebooks.com, you might find some there, a tad expensive though.

And there's also the memorabilia auction sites.

thanks going to check now looking around for memorabilia auction ones

This is the auction i won the other day machester bid thing dont think its the official book says its only 64 pages

what do you think it is? any ideas?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120891817586?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330703035583&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

messaged someone about this they said HI THERE,

THANKS FOR YOUR REQUEST.

YES, IT'S CALGARY BOOK.

REGARDS,

JIA

i dont think its the bid book but i dont know haha

if anyones interested

seen this for the past year but i would've thought the bid book had more sections not just 28 pages?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-PARIS-BID-BOOK-2008-OLYMPIC-GAMES-/390231730507?pt=AU_Summer_Winter_Games_Memorabilia&hash=item5adb9fa94b#ht_500wt_922

^^ That is not the Paris 2008 bid book. It might have been the Applicant File, but that also seems unlikely. Most probable answer is that it's just bid related material produced for the bid (hence the inclusion of Spanish). Not worth 50 bucks

thanks going to check now looking around for memorabilia auction ones

This is the auction i won the other day machester bid thing dont think its the official book says its only 64 pages

what do you think it is? any ideas?

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_500wt_1287

It is not the official bid book(s) as they are 3 volumes. Birmingham produced a 3 volume bid file in English and separate one in French (there's an English copy on abebooks.com) That, like the Paris one, was probably just bid material produced in relation to the bid, a brief short version of the actual bid documents.

^^ That is not the Paris 2008 bid book. It might have been the Applicant File, but that also seems unlikely. Most probable answer is that it's just bid related material produced for the bid (hence the inclusion of Spanish). Not worth 50 bucks

It is not the official bid book(s) as they are 3 volumes. Birmingham produced a 3 volume bid file in English and separate one in French (there's an English copy on abebooks.com) That, like the Paris one, was probably just bid material produced in relation to the bid, a brief short version of the actual bid documents.

Oh ok so still don't own a bid book haha, well seems pretty useful at least, cant wait to get my first bid book