Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

Olympic Bid Predictive Market

About the US price, sorry about that my good man

That's okay - I've been buying low on China stock!

Predicting which country wins gold in certain events might be fun.

Or which country wins the most medals on a certain day.

About the US price, sorry about that my good man

haha i hoarded on those too :P

That's okay - I've been buying low on China stock!

me too hehe

how do you know how many shares in something you have?

how do you know how many shares in something you have?

I think it depends on when you click on your prediction and you get those coloured bars "should this be higher or lower". I noticed today clicking on the middle bar gave me six shares, and clicking on the highest bar gave me nine.

I think it depends on when you click on your prediction and you get those coloured bars "should this be higher or lower". I noticed today clicking on the middle bar gave me six shares, and clicking on the highest bar gave me nine.

Yeah i knew that much dont know if i did that 4 times or 6 haha

And bargain basement Madrid and Istanbul shares now - just picked up 1000 shares for less than $20 virtual bucks. Almost hope they win now - that'll be a cool $100,000 profit for me!

Edited by Sir Rols

Just figured I'd hedge my bets - and honestly, they were so cheap they were next to nothing - I think I stand to lose about $20 if they lose, as expected, and like I said, $100,000 plus if they win! I notice someone else has just gone on a HUGE Madrid & Istanbul spending spree!

Hmmmm. I think someone's being a bit too over-enthusiastic in their support for Tokyo and treating it as a popularity poll rather than a "market" - I see they've been at work overnight again and flatlined the Istanbul and Madrid chances (Madrid fair enough, but I sure wouldn't rate Istanbul as 'no chance').

I

bought about 100 shares in Istanbul

Yeah, too good a bargain to pass up.

As is Madrid - but I don't need more than the 1000-odd shares I bought in them yesterday for next to nothing!

Yeah but annoying thing is my max profit off Tokyo is only $800. Whereas Istanbul is something like $18000

Yeah, this mad keen Tokyo fan (I think it's Kisah) is stuffing it up with his overeagerness for the rest of us who think Tokyo will win.

• Like 1

Oddschecker just now has Tokyo as way favourite at 4/5, daylight, then Istanbul next on 7/4 and Madrid trailing at 9/2

Oddschecker just now has Tokyo as way favourite at 4/5, daylight, then Istanbul next on 7/4 and Madrid trailing at 9/2

Things have changed and now its Tokyo 3/5, Madrid 6/1 and Istanbul 13/5... with an amazing "Any other city" 0/1 :huh:

Things have changed and now its Tokyo 3/5, Madrid 6/1 and Istanbul 13/5... with an amazing "Any other city" 0/1 :huh:

That's surprising. So Madrid's actually fallen in the bookies estimates from 9/2 to 6. I'd have thought it would have picked up a bit.

i never saw madrid was infront of istanbul anywhere?

could u please linked it

Istanbul is toast and Fukushima might do the same to Tokyo. Madrid looking very good all of a sudden.

The odds are incredibly shortening for Madrid....and although this have been happening during the last few days, today was the most radical change. does anyone know why this sudden change and why Istanbul is drifting? I havent seen in the news anything that could give me a clue about this and I think this is weird... not that Im not happy for Madrid but I would like to find some explanation..

The odds are incredibly shortening for Madrid....and although this have been happening during the last few days, today was the most radical change. does anyone know why this sudden change and why Istanbul is drifting? I havent seen in the news anything that could give me a clue about this and I think this is weird... not that Im not happy for Madrid but I would like to find some explanation..

People putting their last minute bets on - not surprising to see Madrid pick up, as they do seem to have the momentum.

I see Madrid's picked up in the GamesBids predictive market as well - my 3000 "shares" will net me $291,000 virtual dollars if the m wins now!