London 2012 Olympic Cauldron...

I almost feel like it will be shaped like a pine cone or a spiky flower.

Nice idea. That would look good - a pine cone completely in flame or just a flame coming out the top.

The pine tree isn't exactly British though :/

Maybe not a pinecone, but those, uh, whatever-they-ares are really likely to play a part. Look up Heatherwick's work and he's very interested in parts-to-whole relationships in his designs. And if every country has one, it's likely they're going to play a role (at least, I hope they do! That would be fantastic!).

Vancouver had trouble with a 4 part Cauldron, Sydney had trouble with the second of their three mechanical stages of the Caudron's journey to the top.

Too many moving or flaming parts at the big crucial moment - far too much potential for embaressing technical glitches

Vancouver had trouble with a 4 part Cauldron, Sydney had trouble with the second of their three mechanical stages of the Caudron's journey to the top.

Too many moving or flaming parts at the big crucial moment - far too much potential for embaressing technical glitches

and it went off without a hitch!

Wow. It was a beautiful moment.

I'm going back to my original guess that it will be a moveable cauldron, appearing in different locations around London. It can't stay there in the centre of the stadium as there will be competitions there.

We'll see.

The ceremony ticket graphics in sequence may provides clues to the cauldron design and assembly.

Olympic Opening Ceremony: Many parts/arms fold together to form some sort of bowl or base for the flame

Olympic Closing Ceremony: The formed cauldron (side view) remains stationary through the closing ceremony.

Paralympic Opening Ceremony: The formed cauldron (top view) is in place for the Paralympic opening.

Paralympic Closing Ceremony: The cauldrons many parts/arms fold away as the flame is extinguished.

london-olympics-2012-ticket_designs-1.jpgAwgJNlZCQAEsi00.jpglondon-olympics-2012-ticket_designs-2.jpg7471986988_acca62bb17.jpg

there you are.

LC.jpgf.jpg

I definitely think the ticket graphic is the couldron, I made this a while ago and I have another one I think could be more fesable that I'll post later.

Has the "bell" been revealed???

..just wish it was taller.