London 2012 Olympic Cauldron...

I think the bit with Beckham was pre filmed not live, my bet is on the copper petals being assembled to form part of the cauldron. He said a 'significant role' and lighting the cauldron is the only significant role left other than the speeches.

The bit with Beckham was practically live! The speedboat went through Tower Bridge at about 9:40pm, less than an hour ago.

These copper "petals" that each team is carrying look a lot like the tickets...they have to make up the cauldron. Everything's coming together. The cauldron will be assembled with 204 parts from each of the 204 nations in the center of the stadium.

Yes! I guessed it (well, the sort of)

My final prediction: Bannister will light the flame remotely from the floor of the stadium, using a swarm of automated quadrocopters, which will then fly up, around, and through the wires at roof level in order to light the cauldron, which looks like the image on the OC tickets and will be located (either suspended or anchored) on top of the roof near the Orbit.

:D

IIRC, Dawn Fraser (?) was sitted next to the Governor-General of Australia in the VIP box... and then she did a part of the torch relay inside the stadium.

Dawn Fraser sat next to the late IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch during the Opening Ceremony in Sydney. This was because Mr Samaranch's was very ill in hospital back in Spain.

The Governor General Sir WIlliam Dean sat next to his wife Mrs Dean.

So where will it end up? You'll need a lot of gas pipes for 204 different nozzles.

Huh?

The petals would fit into place on the 'centre of the flower' the round bit. (I guess)

Maybe it could raise up and attach to the roof above the 'flag hill' That would look good.