London 2012 Olympic Cauldron...

Here is something I posted on sky scraper city:

Been playing detective,- and i have a new random theory:

here are a couple of photos we have all seen, one is inside the Heatherwick StUdios taken very recently, and the other is of some early testing in the Olympic stadium. They are obviously testing the 'clouds' Boyle has indicated will hang above the rural segment you can see these at the bottom of the image. But, if you look at the peculiar ramp they have built at the centre of the stadium, there is a single spherical device that is waiting on the track at the end of the ramp. Now, in the photograph of the Heatherwick studio, on the shelves at the far right are 3 scale models of a very similar spherical device. Could this be the cauldron? Or part of the cauldron? One of the spheres that appears on the very right of the shelf looks as though it has a complex structure and a hole at the top with a vortex-style tunnel curving into it. My guess is that the sphere could be lit. - with the flame contained within the sphere coming out through the top of this sphere. It also looks as though the sphere could be lifted up into the air, be the cauldron or form part of the lighting process.

Also sitting above the shelf on the top is what could be a 1:1 scale model of a complex copper piping detail used in the sphere with the ends capped red.

Just a theory, but has certainly got me thinking.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q530/gpsat12/b84882ce.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q530/gpsat12/25e79503.jpg

at about 3:20 they announce that the Olympic flame is arriving. "John Smith passes to James Doe..." et cetera. There is a guy on a segway who is the torch as they are clearly practicing following him with the camera angles. He goes to an area covered by a tarp-like thing, there are some sound and visual effects, and then the fireworks start.

nu4m - its been posted already and I think it was agreed that it's nothing.

In other news:

Redgrave is back on the BBC panel - still time for him to light the couldron at the end but he's still there.

In other news:

Redgrave is back on the BBC panel - still time for him to light the couldron at the end but he's still there.

IIRC, Dawn Fraser (?) was sitted next to the Governor-General of Australia in the VIP box... and then she did a part of the torch relay inside the stadium.

IIRC, Dawn Fraser (?) was sitted next to the Governor-General of Australia in the VIP box... and then she did a part of the torch relay inside the stadium.

Haha, well I was 8 when that happened but if you're right then that gives hope that it is Redgrave :) - A choice I think most people would be happy with.

The rings at Tower Bridge have been raised... could this be anything? The boats already passed through, so could this mean something else is happening there?

As for the water wheel, not sure... it was lit up earlier (electric lighting) but I think it has since gone off stage. The disc that people were talking about, was just on stage involved in a dance, so I don't think that's the cauldron.