London 2012 Olympic Cauldron...

And it's remarkable that the media so far don't try to uncover the location and the look of the cauldron. While we got new pictures from within the stadium and even one of the outside, taken from a nearby apartment (SPOILER ALERT: http://www.dailymail...tacle-look.html), they don't show us what is happening on the concourse north of the stadium.

Isn't there anyone with a strong telescope lens who can take pictures from a building north or northwest of the stadium? ;)

Hi buddies,

this is my first post.

I am really surprised that no one even in this forum managed to dig out the couldron.

I'm beginning to get worried, I will be one of the many people who will be in Victoria Park to watch the event on screens, but I was hoping to capture the moment of lighting to be somewhere out of park, where can see the stadium, even away.

I will come from italy to do this on purpose.

however: the picture from the condominium has enlightened me. despite having seen a thousand times the orbit, only now I realize that the loops of steel end up exactly where the observatory.

you talked about so many times, I know, but this detail confirms my visions.

The flames could just run along the loops and end its run in the eventual fall in cauldron on the top of observatory.

to do that, they needed a massive structure, which can not be invisible, then came up with the orbit.

in Italy we say "simple things are the best things"

still information, new tickets are coming out of the ceremony, with a warning: Tickets in price category B and C Purchased from 17 July 2012 onwards will have a restricted view of parts of the ceremony.

This could mean that you will can't to see everything from anywhere, not even the cauldron.

sorry for my english.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What exactly has been the point of the last 160 pages, then? When did we cross the line into throwing away anything, potentially legitamate, anyone brings up in this thread simply because "it won't ma

The longer I see it "in action", I think that the idea behind the cauldron lighting and the design was extremely clever - but Heatherwick and Company completely failed in realising that the cauldron w

I don't quite understand your reasoning that the 2012 location is showing more people worldwide the cauldron that had it been located elsewhere (ie roofline of stadium etc). The cauldron is always a f

Hi buddies,

this is my first post.

I am really surprised that no one even in this forum managed to dig out the couldron.

I'm beginning to get worried, I will be one of the many people who will be in Victoria Park to watch the event on screens, but I was hoping to capture the moment of lighting to be somewhere out of park, where can see the stadium, even away.

however: the picture from the condominium has enlightened me. despite having seen a thousand times the orbit, only now I realize that the loops of steel end up exactly where the observatory.

The flames could just run along the loops and end its run in the eventual fall in cauldron on the top of observatory.

to do that, they needed a massive structure, which can not be invisible, then came up with the orbit.

still information, new tickets are coming out of the ceremony, with a warning: Tickets in price category B and C Purchased from 17 July 2012 onwards will have a restricted view of parts of the ceremony.

This could mean that you will can't to see everything from anywhere, not even the cauldron.

sorry for my english.

and it can be an important thing: the vision of stadium with orbit from away is extraordinary, they seems to be one. seens from away the fire would seem souspended on the stadium.

Benvenuto, scoif!!

It will all work out.

I saw TO ROME WITH LOVE last week. It was corny but Rome was gorgeous in the film.

thank you!

i saw the movie too, very banal!

but rome can be even better in the reality! come to visit!

:-)

thank you!

i saw the movie too, very banal!

but rome can be even better in the reality! come to visit!

:-)

Prego. Very predictable and NOT SO FUNNY. Woody Allen should retire already.

Have been to Rome already..last time in 1990. Was supposed to have gone again in September to visit my friend, but plans changed. Maybe when Rome gets the Olympic Games again!! ;)

Prego. Very predictable and NOT SO FUNNY. Woody Allen should retire already.

Have been to Rome already..last time in 1990. Was supposed to have gone again in September to visit my friend, but plans changed. Maybe when Rome gets the Olympic Games again!! ;)

rome withdrew his candidacy unfortunately, we had a good chance for 2020.

the president of CONI ( italian olimpic committee) is very sad, and me too.

I will be too old for watch next games in rome, maybe in 2060.....

Of all the condescending banalities you could've chosen...... really??

i think you need to take a chill pill too AthensFan.

Are you annoyed because we had different opinions on a particular cauldron a few pages ago ?

Just relax, people don't always have to agree. Anyway, there's more important things happening in the world right now

Edited by AustralianFan

Hi buddies,

this is my first post.

sorry for my english.

Welcome Scoif, and sorry about the Rome 2020 bid not going ahead, and like Baron said your English is fine :)

Edited by AustralianFan

thank you Australian!

anyboby of you will be in victoria park or near the olimpic park for 27th july?

I wish I was in London, as a volunteer or go and watch something. In the meantime, am in chilly Melbourne and will watch it all on tv.

Back to work next week too. Hope you have a lot of fun, as it will be good to be in London especially for these Games, I think it will be a great atmosphere around the city.

I wish I was in London, as a volunteer or go and watch something. In the meantime, am in chilly Melbourne and will watch it all on tv.

Back to work next week too. Hope you have a lot of fun, as it will be good to be in London especially for these Games, I think it will be a great atmosphere around the city.

i hope too,

and sorry for this off topic :-)

i think you need to take a chill pill too AthensFan.

Are you annoyed because we had different opinions on a particular cauldron a few pages ago ?

Just relax, people don't always have to agree. Anyway, there's more important things happening in the world right now

No, I'm annoyed at your obnoxious tone.

Listen to the way you talk down to people. "More important things going on in the world..." Bah. There are ALWAYS more important things going on in the world than are discussed in any thread on these boards. There are always more important things going in in the world than the Olympic Games.

Do you think you're educating me, enlightening me? Putting me in my place? It sure sounds like it. What could possibly give you the idea that you should play that part here?

What's your shortlist for the Cauldron location then sunshine? Speak up this is a forum, feel free ....

I have no clue, really. I have no "shortlist" because I like to let others do the searching for me. However, if I did have a shortlist, you better believe I wouldn't be shoving said shortlist down the throats of everyone here. I'd post it once, and then if evidence came out to support/unsupport the locations in that shortlist I would only talk about said locations on said shortlist then.

• Like 2

This is thread is a free and open forum started by SwissO for Olympic fans to talk about London Cauldron ideas.

We may or may not always agree with each other, but we each have a right to have our say and put forward our own ideas, without this silly display of mud throwing and petulance we have just witnessed.

People must be reading these exchanges and thinking this has suddenly become a norty boys playground, lol.

So sorry to the other fans reading these past few exchanges. Dont be put off by any norty boys.

It's 7 days to go and so we are waiting waiting for some more clues by the London organisers about the Cauldron ......

Edited by AustralianFan
People must be reading these exchanges and thinking this has suddenly become a norty boys playground, lol.

So sorry to the other fans reading these past few exchanges. Dont be put off by any norty boys.

This isn't true at all. I joined, and that was after reading this entire exchange of redundancy as put forward by you. If anybody is a "norty boy" here, it's you.

• Like 1

Plus this isn't a place for arguments, but to find information as a GROUP

Oh there's no argument. We know with 100% certainty that the Olympic Cauldron will not be at the top of the Orbit Tower. Some norty boy keeps bringing it up though.

Thomas Heatherwick must have looked back at all the Olympic Cauldrons to weigh up design ideas for 2012.

So I've ust been looking back over the years and thinking about what the London Cauldron might look like compared to past ones.

So in the coming pages is a flashback of every Olympic Cauldron since the first one 1928.....

1928 Amsterdam Summer Games

1928Amsterdam-2.jpg:

1932 Los Angeles Summer Games

1932LosAngeles-2.jpg

1936 Garmisch-Partengirchen Winter Games

(thanks for this photo Baron!)

Garmesch1936.jpg

1936 Berlin Summer Games

Berlin1936-1.jpg

It seems that the 1932 Lake Placid Winter Games did not have a Cauldron (?)

Edited by AustralianFan