London 2012 Olympic Cauldron...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:) YAAAAY! Long time no see!!! They are starting to show the Cauldron as a background shot on Prime/Sky sport...The stadium very much transformed into a track and field venue. Cauldron looks good, the petals still have their copper shine on. :)

Would they have HDTV in Rwanda? In the Maldives? In Haiti? Danny, I don't think the whole world's day revolves around TV. Not everyone and NOT every economy can always afford the latest technology ASAP.

I only pointed a random fact, not a comparision to show how great is Brazil because we have HDTV....

And for some countries, yes, TV is still the main window to the world.

I'd rather to watch sports events it in HDTV than in a Ipad or a computer screen, no matter how great is the bandwidth American have at home.

That's my sole point: NBC is preventing American to have live access to the biggest sports event in the world. Unbelievable!

:) YAAAAY! Long time no see!!! They are starting to show the Cauldron as a background shot on Prime/Sky sport...The stadium very much transformed into a track and field venue. Cauldron looks good, the petals still have their copper shine on. :)

I like the idea of some Hammer throwing absolutely smashing the world record and sending the hammer plummeting through the stems of the cauldron!

But all five major broadcasters and the main pay-tv channels already broadcast in high definition... I think that what you were trying to say is that all analog television broadcasts will be shut down in 2016, leaving room for digital television.

That's it, just a random fact...

Let's move forward, indeed, because people here only cares about bad facts of Brazil, never the good ones.

I only pointed a random fact, not a comparision to show how great is Brazil because we have HDTV....

And for some countries, yes, TV is still the main window to the world.

I'd rather to watch sports events it in HDTV than in a Ipad or a computer screen, no matter how great is the bandwidth American have at home.

That's my sole point: NBC is preventing American to have live access to the biggest sports event in the world. Unbelievable!

But we do have live access . . .

I like the idea of some Hammer throwing absolutely smashing the world record and sending the hammer plummeting through the stems of the cauldron!

<_< Actually...that would look pretty cool! :lol:

NSNBC (and I imagine NBC as well) has has cauldron shots since Saturday actually, though from different angles. On Saturday it was from the bottom up right in the middle of it.

It would be great if they offered up the live cauldron feed on their website. I wouldn't mind having that in the corner of my computers screen all day. :)

Here's my pic of it on the Stadium screens at the hockey last night. The screens are tough to see in the daylight unless you're at exactly the right angle; it was only as darkness fell that you were really able to see it

DSC00458.jpg

This is pretty pathetic. We might as well be searching for the last of an endangered species....

Considering how officials have not really picked up on the Mood out there...And why isn't there a big screen attached to the outside of the stadium...Then again in UK, Class Society rules...Can't have everything for the masses now can we? Keep it exclusive...I've gone off Sebastion Coe something wicked, stuck up prick!!!

Here's my pic of it on the Stadium screens at the hockey last night. The screens are tough to see in the daylight unless you're at exactly the right angle; it was only as darkness fell that you were really able to see it

DSC00458.jpg

That's a nice picture! I thought at first that they've suddenly placed the cauldron on the roof. ;)

I guess the new trend for Olympic cauldrons are the self assembling kind with legs and not very tall. I wonder if Sochi will have a crystal chandeliers as their cauldron?

:blink: Oh don't encourage the Russians...It may happen! ;)

Already holding out for Rio's though!

Anyway it wont matter from Friday...Track and Field begins!

The flame was put out to move the cauldron!!!!

Had the Olympic Flame gone out in the middle og the Games previously?

In Montreal 1976 during a storm wind went out the flame and it was reliy by workers of the stadium!!!!!

:blink: :blink: :blink::wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

pebe.JPG

pebe3.JPG

pebe4.JPG

pebe6.JPG

pebe7.JPG

Archived