Train Travel

So after 2 days of the games has anyone had any problems getting to a event or Olympic Park? Long waits at security?

Just want to know what im in for in the next 10 days

Don't know how others are finding it, but getting to Lord's from Kings Cross today, the underground felt like a fairly normal Saturday when I'm passing through on my way to a football match. Returning was busier, but one should expect that at around 6pm on a normal working day. I don't think anyone coming to London should have anything to fear.

I have no idea why London Bridge is all cordoned off and people getting to the main line platforms have to do big detour. Got back from work 8ish tonight, crowd is the usual 8ish crowd and still lots of stewards shouting instructions to go into the right lanes. Absolutely unnecessarily and overkill.

I have no idea why London Bridge is all cordoned off and people getting to the main line platforms have to do big detour. Got back from work 8ish tonight, crowd is the usual 8ish crowd and still lots of stewards shouting instructions to go into the right lanes. Absolutely unnecessarily and overkill.

It's confusing isn't it! Getting to the Southeastern platforms yesterday was interesting. Think they're trying to stretch out the crowds by making them walk the long way round. But it's weird if you know the station.

It's confusing isn't it! Getting to the Southeastern platforms yesterday was interesting. Think they're trying to stretch out the crowds by making them walk the long way round. But it's weird if you know the station.

I get it during peak hours (which I suspect really isn't much more crowded too), but at nearly 9pm?? They are wasting resources with those stewards.

So after 2 days of the games has anyone had any problems getting to a event or Olympic Park? Long waits at security?

Just want to know what im in for in the next 10 days

I was at the park all day Sunday and although it was the weekend, there were plenty of visitors all heading to the park. Transport and security was a breeze.

Took the Jubilee line to Stratford and it was absolutely fine. Everything is well sign-posted and there loads of stewards on standby. Takes about 10min walk from the platform, out of the station, through Westfield and into the park.

On my return journey I took the Javelin instead and this was equally straightforward, again not hugely crowded. On exiting the park, you simply turn left (for the Javelin) or right (for the tube or DLR). Again, you have to walk through Westfield to get the to platform. Slightly long winded but its easy.

Security was super quick (5mins wait) and there were plenty of 'channels' to keep the flow of people going.

Was very impressed at how well organised and efficient everything was.

Hope it remains the same for you Hobart. Enjoy your visit.

Javelin service was superb yesterday. DLR extremely busy today heading to the Excel centre from Bank on the underground. Think it would be worth trying going there from Stratford.

It's been great for us to have digs in Greenwich - the DLR has been smooth and not too crowded. People are travelling more into central London from the venues, I think, rather than like us cutting across the east and avoiding the more crowded lines.

The Javelin train was very smooth and quick - I only had to wait 3 mins from getting down to the platform - I didn't realise most of the journey was through a black tunnel though, I was looking forward to seeing the scenery whizz past at 140+mph Getting there was a different story, the Javelin service was suspended and we had to get the underground to West Ham. The walk was about 25-30 mins from there to the hockey stadium. Thankfully the rain shower was very brief and the sun came out shortly after.

well after a week i think the transport has been great and fast. We are at Warwick Ave station on bakerloo line 1 change at Oxford and away we go. My wife is eaven bringing my 2 year old to the Basketball by herself on Wenesday as i have Hockey tickets. My wif is also expecting and only once did we have to ask for a seat.

Was going to try the Javelin last night but the had closed the station as it was just after track and field finished so just went shopping for 20 min and went the normal way and was very quick and easy.

Archived