2024 Summer Olympic Applicants

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

To the leaders of the IOC (Lord David);

Hello I'm interested in starting a committee for te Region of New England in the United States of America. I wanted to incorporate Boston, Providence (RI, Newport (RI), Cape Cod (MA), Hartford (CT) and other areas to create an awesome Olympic event for 2024. We have most of the stuff already built and we have huge local support due to the love for sports here. We are also very scenic region and are undergoing major transit upgrades and infastructure upgrades. Please get back to me. I also believe we can deffinetly win the bid and even beat out Chicago. Even though the application may be late since this is the first time I seen this. I hope I can be a part of it

Please accept this friendly pledge to join in, even though I'm late. I wouldve signed up earlier but I didn't find this till now!

Sincerely,

Branden

The President of the New England 2024 Exploratory Olympic Association

"Reach for the Stars"

Note: If regions aren't allowed to bid, I'l market it as the Boston 2024 Summer Olympics rather than New England 2024 Summer Olympics.

:D

I'm looking for people to join me as well to get everything set up. I have a Facebook account, and email account to talk to my partners on as well.

I need:

-> Graphics coordinator (logos, maps, etc.)

-> Media Coordinator (like videos)

-> and people to help to me with the long application forum

I hope people buy in to my vision and I hope to have a chance. Please give me a chance even though I'm late.

^^ Well thanks for your enthusiasm, but the deadline for submitting your intention to bid has passed and we already have a bid from the USA: Chicago.

Perhaps I might be a little lenient and allow your entry provided it's some other city that hasn't been chosen yet.

Ok so we have:

DamC, USAandItalia, intoronto1125 and barrack - Melbourne, Australia

Scotguy - Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Emre - Paris, France

Deawebo, Wingspread and tikus_kecil - Berlin, Germany

Stark - Tel Aviv, Israel

Demetrius - Tunis, Tunisia

Afiqnadzir and aismanggo - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Soaring - Chicago

Now as for my entry Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, I might not be able to complete it (I lost some of the work I started a few weeks ago). I might just end up having to withdraw this bid sorry.

Now considering we have this newly found interest, I might just extend it by 2 weeks or so, but don't get your hopes up.

So Boston2022/24, feel free to choose something else, but good luck trying to do a bid book on your own. ;) Look at the first page for inspiration and guide on how to do this. Oh and videos and other promotional material are not necessary, just added filler to do in the meantime and promote your bid.

In other news, I made it to round 2 of this years Photoshopcontest.com Head 2 Head (Thanks to a damn no show! :angry:), so I'll be busy this weekend and the upcoming week working on a proper round 2 entry (I'm sure my competition will enter something), wish me luck! :)http://photoshopcont.../tournament/10/

I've never made it to round 2 before and since it untimely clashes with this contest I have organized, I probably will have to sit this out for good and wait for the next contest.

^^ Well thanks for your enthusiasm, but the deadline for submitting your intention to bid has passed and we already have a bid from the USA: Chicago.

Perhaps I might be a little lenient and allow your entry provided it's some other city that hasn't been chosen yet.

Ok so we have:

DamC, USAandItalia, intoronto1125 and barrack - Melbourne, Australia

Scotguy - Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Emre - Paris, France

Deawebo, Wingspread and tikus_kecil - Berlin, Germany

Stark - Tel Aviv, Israel

Demetrius - Tunis, Tunisia

Afiqnadzir and aismanggo - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Soaring - Chicago

Now as for my entry Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, I might not be able to complete it (I lost some of the work I started a few weeks ago). I might just end up having to withdraw this bid sorry.

Now considering we have this newly found interest, I might just extend it by 2 weeks or so, but don't get your hopes up.

So Boston2022/24, feel free to choose something else, but good luck trying to do a bid book on your own. ;) Look at the first page for inspiration and guide on how to do this. Oh and videos and other promotional material are not necessary, just added filler to do in the meantime and promote your bid.

In other news, I made it to round 2 of this years Photoshopcontest.com Head 2 Head (Thanks to a damn no show! :angry:), so I'll be busy this weekend and the upcoming week working on a proper round 2 entry (I'm sure my competition will enter something), wish me luck! :)http://photoshopcont.../tournament/10/

I've never made it to round 2 before and since it untimely clashes with this contest I have organized, I probably will have to sit this out for good and wait for the next contest.

I'm not bidding using another city since I'm not familiar with a lot of cities outside of the USA. Instead in the 2028 version of this ill bid with boston. Hopefully you make one. ;).

For this one im going to support Melbourne, Australia's bid. So I'll help with the bidding process for melbourne if asked.

Are there any examples of a bid book posted here? I might apply with Lisbon, Portugal but I'm probably not, im just probably going to start doing my Boston 2028 work (assuming you make a game for it), so for any future of these games, just pencil me in for Boston, and I already have people to help. Like I said before I'm supporting Melbourne's bid so I am helping them with there bid if they'd like.

Are there any examples of a bid book posted here? I might apply with Lisbon, Portugal but I'm probably not, im just probably going to start doing my Boston 2028 work (assuming you make a game for it), so for any future of these games, just pencil me in for Boston, and I already have people to help. Like I said before I'm supporting Melbourne's bid so I am helping them with there bid if they'd like.

Lisbon! :)

lisboak.jpg

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bor0mr

Umm please note that this is a FANTASY comp, anything goes here.

And to be fair, Chicago could host. They got approval from the USOC, local, state and national governments. As well as passing all the legal hurdles, for their 2016 bid. The NIMBYs can protest all they want (and they probably will come games time), but that wouldn't prevent an event such as Denver giving up the 1972 Winter Olympics. The games will end up going on, albeit under some major protests.

We're not the IOC or USOC - I don't see why we'd throw back an entry. Surely we can be flexible - it's all supposed to be a bit of fun, not life or death!

As for the year - no matter how simple the contest - even if it's just a logo comp - someone always gets the year wrong, or mixes up "candidate" and "applicant" city, or puts the five rings where they're not supposed to be, etc. It surely doesn't affect being able to judge the creativity or work put into it.

Boston can join in the race. I have no problem with that. Oh, and a group of a couple hundred "No Gamers" did not shut down Chicago's bid. It was simply Rio's time, and the USOC was doing very stupid things to piss off the IOC.

I have a lot of work still to do, but there is no way that I am going to be doing 50 pages. Quality over quantity. At the end of the day, the decision is up to Lord David or whoever else is running the comp.

The Edinburgh 2024 bid document is completed.

Smaller in scale than originally planned - the bid book has taken into account sensible budgeting and realistic time constraints.

We look forward to sharing our plans and proposals with the good people of gamesbids.

It is with regret that I have to withdraw my submission. I thought that I could find the time, but I have just been way too busy lately. I am leaving in a few weeks for SE Asia, and still have too much to accomplish before I go. I thought it would be better to let you know sooner, rather than later.

Good luck to the other competitors!

It is with regret that I have to withdraw my submission. I thought that I could find the time, but I have just been way too busy lately. I am leaving in a few weeks for SE Asia, and still have too much to accomplish before I go. I thought it would be better to let you know sooner, rather than later.

Good luck to the other competitors!

does that mean Boston can apply?

Archived