2024 Summer Olympic Applicants

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen of Gamesbids, it is with great pleasure that I announce my candidature for the 2024 bid competition.

I will bid with the City of Edinburgh

The official Applicant City logo:

k.jpg

KCNA via Reuters:

Pyongyang to bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

An official statement via D.P.R.K's Korean Central News Agency states that the country and it's capital Pyongyang will be bidding for the 2024 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games. A bid chairman has yet to be officially announced, but rumor has it that it will be IOC member Mr Hak Son Pak, President of the Olympic Committee of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, as opposed to D.P.R.K leader Kim Jong-un.

The Pyongyang bid team states that by bidding for the Olympics, it is a good opportunity to not only showcase Pyongyang and the D.P.R.K, but to also improve the country in infrastructure as well as to make the country more open, in which it is currently mostly isolated with the outside world. The government will be making full efforts for normalizing relations with the USA, South Korea and Japan, the Pyongyang bid team states, as a gesture of goodwill and one of the key lasting legacies of the 2024 Olympics.

We're willing and able stated the Pyongyang bid team. No word on what venues will be used, but Pyongyang boasts the 150,000 Rungyong May Day Stadium, the world's largest and 50,000 Kim Il-Sung Stadium. Despite a huge number of indoor stadiums, many do not reach IOC capacity or standards, so many new venues will need to be built, a task in which the Pyongyang bid team states the government is fully capable of achieving.

We have experience, also states the Pyongyang bid team. The city of Pyongyang hosted the 17th ITF (International Takwon-Do Federation, alternate organization to the IOC backed World Takwondo Federation (WTF)) World Takewon-Do Championships in September 2011, in a rare opening to the outside world. Over 80 nations, including the USA competed with over 800 competitors. The Pyeongyang bid team hopes to attract major sporting events to the city to raise it's profile, with the 2024 Summer Olympics being the crown.

Meanwhile, an official bid logo has reportedly been released:

Pyongyang2024.jpg

Pyongyang and the D.P.R.K had previously made an attempt to co-host the 1988 Summer Olympics, which were awarded to Seoul, South Korea. With failed efforts to land some of those games, the D.P.R.K boycotted the 1988 edition. There were further attempts to co-host with PeyongChang, South Korea for the 2018 Winter Olympics, which also failed. The D.P.R.K is reportedly planning to send a team to the 2018 Winter Olympics as a gesture of goodwill. They previously sent a delegation to the 2002 Asian Games, held in Busan, South Korea, the first ever time competitors from the D.P.R.K competed in South Korea.

Why don't you team with Deawebo and try a Berlin bid instead?

We'll see. His PM inbox is full at the moment.

Well if you really insist in doing Munich, why not Munich, North Dakota? We haven't had an American bid yet. :Phttp://en.wikipedia....h,_North_Dakota

"As of the census of 2000, there were 268 people, 112 households, and 73 families residing in the city."

Munich-aerial-perspektive_eng.jpg

Looks promising! I see Olympic park land right there. It can't get any more compact than this. ^_^

^^ You have until the end of the month before we physically start this. It will be 2 months of work, then you submit the full scale Applicant File at the end of May, then we can continue from there. Perhaps a 2 week break so people can look over bids, then the candidate acceptance, then another week break, then the vote.

Well according to Lord David it is, but I personally wouldn't object and I don't think anyone would actually.

Personally I wouldn't do Any of the 2016 bidders, but if you really want to do Chicago, then go ahead, just make it different. Very different.

Archived