London 2012 ... now more than ever.

Thank you for your support, I'm not a Londoner but as an Englishman the messages of support I have read have really moved me. After yesterday's joy we now have today's sadness.

All I can say though whatever happens these bast**ds will NEVER beat us.

La viñeta de Forges no se ha hecho esperar, me recuerda a esta otra que hizo el 11M para los españoles:

11M%20Forges.jpg

Espero que Forges nunca tenga que volver a dibujar algo así :verysad:

The Olympic flame died in 1936 and London relit it twelve years later. It was about to be extinguished in 1972 but was kept burning.

The flame must burn more brightly than ever now. Only in sport can large numbers of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists etc be brought together in harmony and peace.

London will begin major work on 2012 almost immediately. We bow to no-one in our determination to strike down those who attempt to destroy our freedom and our way of life.

How about continuing to back the bid, even after the event? Just to show your support for the spirit. London 2012

The Olympic flame died in 1936 and London relit it twelve years later. It was about to be extinguished in 1972 but was kept burning.

The flame must burn more brightly than ever now. Only in sport can large numbers of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists etc be brought together in harmony and peace.

London will begin major work on 2012 almost immediately. We bow to no-one in our determination to strike down those who attempt to destroy our freedom and our way of life.

Oh please.  It died in 393/394 A.D. first...and was relit again in 1896.   Then it died again in 1912 and was relit in 1920.  So the 2nd World War gap isn't so special.  Stop being overtly UNFACTUALLY melodramatic; the Oscars are still 8 months away.  :rolleyes:

I know how horrible and wanton terrorism is. My people face it everyday, but they never lose hope of better future because they know that life is worthless without it.

Yesterday, I was the happiest person in the world. London's historic victory was beyond any dream. This morning I felt that the monster who turns the lives of the innocent people in my country into hell, is everywhere and nobody could hurt and kill anyone.

My heart’s with you, London.  

logo0qn.jpg

Oh please.  It died in 393/394 A.D. first...and was relit again in 1896.   Then it died again in 1912 and was relit in 1920.  So the 2nd World War gap isn't so special.  Stop being overtly UNFACTUALLY melodramatic; the Oscars are still 8 months away.  :rolleyes:

What?  More melodramatic than shouting in bold text and rolling eyes?  

Zeus made a good point, which didn't need to refer to every time the Olympics didn't run.  The fact that the Olympics were restarted after WW1 doesn't undermine the fact that it was a great achievement when the Games overcame the devastation of WW2.

It is rather pathetic (not to mention insensitive) to trivialise World War Two, the events of Munich 1972 and the current situation in London.

One more thing, 'UNFACTUALLY' isn't a real word.

London can be sure Madrid and whole Spain is with you.

How sad, some beasts have to exists in this world.

LONDON has my vote to make now more than ever the best games, free of terror and with a united world.

GO LONDON GO.

Animo Londres.

Thank you. That means a lot.

Hello again all London 2012 supporters.

This is my first message after the great London 2012 victory, and i was hoping to be smiling none stop, and indeed i was until 9.50am on 7/7/2005. :verysad:

I'm sure we will hold a great Olympics, where every decent human being from all over the world will be welcome.  :)

Archived