Munich 2022

munichfan

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The triangle issue is considered a negative for Munich.

When Quebec proposed their bid, one of the issues in addition to the hill, was a third bobsleigh track in Canada potentially underused with both Calgary and Vancouver tracks being available. Would three in a country like Canada be too many?

Germany already has four tracks.

So if it is impractical to build a fifth track near Garmisch or on that side of the Bavarian Alps, would it be possible to offer the facilities that Garmisch has (alpine, nordic, ski jumping) near Schonau am Kongisee?

The answer is YES, and even if modifications were needed to the ski jump at Rupholding, this would be far cheaper than building a bob run at Garmisch. There is also a ski jump arena at Berchtesgaden, which the local community want to modernise/rebuld but cannot afford to .... an Olympics with corporate sponsorship would be an ideal incentive and opportunity,

• 1 month later...

Bach (the president of the DOSB) eliminated a bid of Munich for 2022 and 2026 at the moment.

He said, that it is fact, that we want Olympic Games hosted by Germany, but the DOSB wants to wait for the right moment. He mentioned that the DOSB wants to await the decision about the host for 2020. Furthermore he verified that Hamburg and Berlin have interests in hosting Summer Olympics.

Süddeutsche Zeitung - Bach: Olympia 2026 nicht in München

SPOX - Müssen richtigen Zeitpunkt abwarten

Stupid Bach! All he wants is securing all possible support for HIS personal ambitions. Becoming the successor of Rogge.

BTW the headline does not fit do the text. I think Munich should prepare a plan for 2022 on its own and after the election of host of the 2020 Games, it can present it to the DOSB.

I prefer Winter Games in Munich over Summer Games in Hamburg or Berlin!

A winning Munich 2022 bid will definitely be linked as the 50th anniversary of Munich hosting the 1972 Summer Olympics.

I can easily expect the games logo being similar to the 1972 one, torch designed in a similar way, look of the games being similar, pictograms similar and of course the mascot would either be another dog or some animal that would compliment the 1972 dog mascot.

It would be a huge mistake for Munich to sit out 2022. They built lots of good will in their last bid. The IOC would love to go to Europe in 2022 and I believe they'd get very excited about Germany. I really think Munich 2022 would be virtually unbeatable.

As much as I'd see a U.S. Winter Olympics in 2022, I think there's no doubt Munich is the odds on favorite going into the 2022 race if for no other reason the IOC could be looking to return the Games to the Alps. As for as Bach goes, I've seen it mentioned on the forums that his bid to replace Rogge could hinder any German bid, but could Bach not use the position to advance a Munich bid much like Samaranch did for Barcelona?

The major difference is that Samaranch was already a "sitting" president for 6 years when Barcelona was bidding for the Games.

Bach N Munich would virtually run simultaneous, or at the very least, back-to-back campaigns. So there is the conflict of interest, N the majority of the members most likely wouldn't be inclined towards award a single country such grand prizes so close in proximity to one another.

Munich must learn this: (A couple months ago Durban and Paris were planing to bid for the 2020 SOG byt were to lazy to put on a bid and decided to wait, now, the 2020 seems to be really easy for Tokyo, what should had happened if they would have bidded?) Munich, please bid! It's the only choice.... ;)

It was on the Gamesbids front page, that Munich were now back considering 2022

2022 or 2026, yes. Thomas Bach has said, though, that there is no new development regarding a German Olympic bid. He said that Germany would only bid if the basic conditions are right and if the bid stood a realistic chance.

I'd say a Munich bid would be a runaway favorite......

You'd say that. But almost all newspapers writing about a future Munich bid explain that so-called "experts" told them that Munich wouldn't stand any reasonable chance.

You'd say that. But almost all newspapers writing about a future Munich bid explain that so-called "experts" told them that Munich wouldn't stand any reasonable chance.

I'd be a bit concerned about who Munich's experts are then - if I get right

World Class Downhill

2x World Class Ski Jumping Venues

2x World Class Ceremonies possibilities

3x Indoor arenas (I think there are two at the Olympic stadium park + where the basketball team play)

World class bobsleigh run

World class speed skating track in same areas as bobsleigh

World class city with major international airport

Did I miss anything? :unsure:

Welcome Blacksheep!

(not to be confused with the obscure far northern Norway group

I have always wondered whether the spelling error is deliberate or not...)

Strange, and which candidate would supposedly be any stronger? I can't think of any.

I want too see Munich host, and don't think those experts know what they are talking about. If the USA presents a credible bid like Denver then maybe they have a fight, but no other city will pose a threat to Munich.

Archived