New Stadium Real Madrid.

Mariote

Wow? For reals?! And is it a proposal or they will buil it?

I think it has already been approved by the club members so yes, this is how the stadium should look like by 2020 :D

The new Santiago Bernabéu will use solar panels and it will have more restaurants, a shopping centre and a luxury hotel. Real Madrid has also said they plan to build parks in the stadium's surroundings.

I'm surprised they're actually renovating stadiums, even after the disaster that was the construction of the Nou Mestalla (although the construction recently resumed after almost 4 years).

F.C. Barcelona had a purposal in 2007 (the 50th anniversary of Camp Nou) but it got dropped in the end, or delayed (i dont remember the reasons). It's a shame because the stadium would have looked awesome.

arq1.jpg

Barcelona didn't for economical issues of the club, I hope this one will be constructed!! ;) it'll look great! As far asi I see, Germany and England have realy classy and the best stadiums, Spain is following their steps among with France (2016 euro)... But Italy's stadiums are ugly and old -.-

Wonder how it looks during the day; presumably like the Allianz? I don't think it needs "Real Madrid" written all over it to be honest, but it looks good otherwise in those nighttme graphics.

I was also going to bring up that Foster design for the Barcelona Stadium, because that is what this reminded me of. Hope it doesn't go the same way as that.

Wonder how it looks during the day; presumably like the Allianz? I don't think it needs "Real Madrid" written all over it to be honest, but it looks good otherwise in those nighttme graphics.

It's supposed to look something like this: http://www.marca.com...1316689296.html (you can change day and night in the lower left corner).

I agree with you on that it doesn't need to have "Real Madrid" written on it. I wonder if at least they could replace it by "Madrid 2020" or something similar during the Olympics, but I don't think that's possible :unsure:

Actually this isn't the definitive project.

This comes after an agreement between Real Madrid and Madrid municipality, so that Real Madrid will be able to make use of an area between the current stadium limits and Paseo de la Castellana (the main avenue in Madrid and where the stadium is located). This area is currently being used as a parking lot and for OBVans when Real Madrid games take place. It is not specially well taken care of, I must add. The new area will be mainly used for a small shopping mall integrated in the stadium and will give enough space for the new facade. Obviuisly it will also mean extra money for Real Madrid.

However, the renders and video shown here, are just an idea of how it could look. The resemblance to Allianz Arena is not a coincidence, since the main change in the Santiago Bernabeu would be the new façade, and Allianz Arena main feature is preciselly the skin surrounding the actual stadium, very much like the projected skin should do for "new" Bernabue.

The idea is to summon (probably) three major architectural oficces to a restricted competion to design the project. Since the official procedures in the municipality to grant the agreement with Real Madrid are nearly completed, probably the competition is already on the way (secretly) or at least the architecture offices must have been selected and summoned by now.

It is very likely than there will be news about this project before summer.

Archived