Let's vote for Istanbul 2020 logo!

The Istanbul 2020 logo!!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which should represent Istanbul in its bid for the 2020 Olympic Games? (Only 2 separate votes per voter.)

OK, again, we got a great group of logos for such a short time period. Phase I voting begins now. You are allowed only 2 votes each but the two CANNOT go to a single entry. Your two votes must go to TWO separate entries. If you vote more than 2x, ALL your votes will be voided. So please choose carefully. But you may also vote for only one entry if you so choose (Entrant may vote for himself).

Top 4 entries move on to a single-vote showdown. Bogus votes will be discounted. Poll will stay open for 60 hours.

I decided to forego an Evaluation step, in fairness to everyone (since I am also competing)...and the entries should speak for themselves. Please vote for TWO logos that just aren't pretty logos but convey a distinct meaning of Istanbul to you! (Thanks to Sir Rols for his technical assistance.)

Poll will close on Thursday, Feb 25 at 6:00 am, Pacific/California time.

istanbulk.jpg

I gotta say, it's fun to be able to vote for once. I'm often torn between not wanting to decide a comp, but also secretly hoping one day I'll get to make a tie-break vote.

The flip-side is, of course, it's hard to decide who to go for. They're all great in this comp. I'm tempted to go with Titus-kecil's (E), bu then maybe it's a bit more influenced by generic islamic design than Istanbul itself. I think I'll stump for design C.

good job everyone...most of the logo seem represent istanbul very well...but i gonna choose the best one..i love logo A, D, I. ..but D get my vote

and i have a question here.

-D..is that the round thing is tulip?

"D" said to me that you are right, those are tulips. ;)

They can also represent balloons which mean the run-up of the bid but also hope, youth and dynamism...

Just a quick on-off-topic note: I've been notified that the official Istanbul 2020 logo will not be revealed until after candidature acceptance - that means after May 23 assuming Istanbul makes the list. The current image is simply a wordmark.

Also, they're apparently watching this thread - so maybe your ideas will rub off on the official designers.

Gots to agree with krow. E is my favourite. Lots of good choices here though. The Turkish Olympic Committee should just buy one of these logos, it'd be a lot cheaper than hiring some big shot designer.

B - A terribly weak pun in logo form. Surely this deserves some recognition?

What pun? Bull?

I really like E. I think it's elegant, Turkish and unique. It doesn't look like everything else. Has wonderful style and sophistication. I love the fact that it's monochromatic! I'm so sick of these rainbow bid logos.

A is very nice as well, but feels a but more predictable. The colors don't say Turkey to me, but whatever.

I do NOT like C (and unfortunately it's leading, so I hope there's a second round). To me it feels very oddly composed. It does seem predictable and feels a bit amateurish to me. The idea hasn't gelled. There's too much happening and it's just not iconic enough. Sorry to disagree with y'all.

The tulip/balloons are intriguing, but they don't quite do it for me. Again, the color and style doesn't seem sufficiently Turkish.

NOTE TO ISTANBUL BID COMMITTEE: WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T PICK ANOTHER RAINBOW COLOR SCHEME! DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! SET YOURSELVES APART!

Seriously now, people. Let's see some votes for E. At the very least it deserves to move on to phase 2.

I did not submit a logo and I have no idea who did E, but I think it's worthy of more attention than it's gotten so far. Definitely my favorite.

Archived