Rio 2016 torch relay

They should just really cut down these overlong Torch relays. Is that extra security and all the angst and drama it causes, worth the benefits? I think they should just do it a week from the host nation's capital...to the actual host city. That should suffice.

Totally agree.... Now, the Relay is a waste of time, money fewer people and interested in every relay and media doesn't give the attention it used to have....

and all the angst and drama it causes, worth the benefits?

It's not the torch's fault people get salty for everything. If they don't like it they can just as well ignore it instead of ruining it to the rest. Protesters can be very stupid sometimes.

Besides, we didn't got this problem in London, and it's 100% likely this won't happen in Japan or Korea either.

Totally agree.... Now, the Relay is a waste of time, money fewer people and interested in every relay and media doesn't give the attention it used to have....

Some fifteen million people saw the 2012 relay in the UK, and it was heavily featured by the BBC. The thousands of people I saw locally looked pretty cheerful- including the police.

• Like 1

Pretty much everything London did 4 years ago was almost flawless and felt genuinely cheerful. Sadly, times are different right now and people (not just in Brazil but around the world) are more bitter and angry. I still have hopes we'll get a better ambience for Tokyo in four years.

• Like 1