Rio 2016 torch relay

Horrible!!!!!

I really think the torch relay should be eliminated... the torch should be lightened just days before the Opening Ceremony and just arrive to the Host city...

It's waste of time, money and in every edition there is fewer and fewer interest about it....

• Like 1

Os brasileiros aqui só querem saber de festa. Não têm a menor consciência do que está havendo no país. O Brasil vive um golpe de estado já denunciado no mundo inteiro e reconhecido por nomes que vão de vencedores do Nobel da Paz a vencedores do Pulitzer Prizes e os brasileiros aqui sequer conseguem entender que se trata de resguardar a Democracia brasileira, ainda jovem e já sofrendo um novo golpe articulado por um bandido que virou réu.

Os brasileiros (poucos) que têm consciência disso, se furtam aos comentários, acham que não devem dialogar e colocar sua posição aqui, ficam escondidos.

E fica esse festival de adoradores de pão e circo e desconhecedores de política aqui tentando dizer ao forum que está tudo bem. Não está não. E não terão paz enquanto não estiver tudo bem novamente. Agora morre uma onça porque acharam que ela deveria servir de "alegoria" para gringo ver. Muito sem noção!

I agree with you.

FROM BBC NEWS

Rio 2016: Jaguar in Amazon torch relay shot dead

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36593573

juma-jaquar-575x382.jpg

juma-jaguar-shot-dead-lead.jpg?w=600

Be careful when you say those things. You are putting impeachment's supporters and people who don't think it's a coup in the same boat. Yes, I don't support Rousseff's impechment, I don't like her way of governing the country and much less the interim government of president Michel Temer. I never said that everything is fine in Brasi, here or anywhere. I do not think it's a coup. The president of the country was not deposed from office and stroke definitions of coup talks in a "sudden breakdown of democratic normalcy." This is a process that began in December 2015 and continues to this day. She could defend herself throughout the process. I can not say here if she will or not lose her position, I can't make this decision. I also think that Brazil is a democratic and sovereign country. Brazil has full condition to solve its internal problems. Remember that the impeachment is an internal process of the country and the greatest interesteds must be the brazilian people. I'm sorry that all those who wish the success of the Olympic Games are here labeled as people who "only want to know about the party" and people who "have no awareness of what's going on in the country. Not because I have a different opinion of his that so I am an "ignorant of politics." Not because I do not think there is a coup in the country Cunha support, Renan, Temer and others. Brazil is experiencing a very serious moment, it is true. But it made a commitment to the whole world to host the Olympic Games in Rio, we can't change that.

• Like 1

Horrible!!!!!

I really think the torch relay should be eliminated... the torch should be lightened just days before the Opening Ceremony and just arrive to the Host city...

It's waste of time, money and in every edition there is fewer and fewer interest about it....

A shame you think that. The torch relay four years ago was a brilliant success in terms of numbers (it was reported around 15 million saw it) and seeing it come down my High Street was the moment the Olympics really felt real.

Yesterdays news was terrible, and I think the small protests haven't helped, but I'm sure there are many in Brazil who now feel the same as I - and many millions in the UK - did four years ago.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 4

These protests are very small.

The overwhelming majority of people go to see the torch.

In 2012 bet there were also protests, but is very small.

-

The torch arrives this week to my Paraná, this is amazing! Too bad it will pass 200 km from my house and I will not see.

-

Just to complete my Brazilian friend.

Yes, we are not finding Temer the most honest president, myself just think Dilma and Party government of bad workers.

While world out of the crisis between 2011 and 2016, Brazil followed the opposite path, okay, this is Brazil!

...myself just think Dilma and Party government of bad workers...

It seems that you are using google translate. It's a good tool but sometimes it put everything out of context. I think I know what you wanted to say in the sentence above but you said:

"Eu só acho que Dilma e o Partido do Governo de trabalhadores maus"

Do you know the meaning of "sem noção", "falta de bom-senso"????? That´s my point of wiew about this incident. It was so, so naif and stupid!!!...Someone should be punished for this.

Less and less interest Rio 2016....

Caro amigo estrangeiro, o incidente com a onça não teve NADA A VER com o revezamento da chama olímpica ou com o comitê organizador. A imprensa está apenas sensacionalizando mais uma história para vender negatividade sobre os jogos olímpicos. O único erro do comitê foi ter pedido desculpas por um erro que não foi seu. A onça estava sob custódia do destacamento das forças armadas do Estado do Amazonas e eles é que devem responder sobre isso.

Too bad you guys bought this story about this random jaguar... It has no relation AT ALL to the Rio 2016 committee or the torch relay, since the incident occurred much later that day, hours and hours after the pics with the Olympic Flame. The Rio 2016 torch relay is a success so far and protests against the interim government are minor and non-disruptive. Of course brown media is and will be feeding you with the worst about the games, as they did with the 2007 Pan Ams, as they did with the 2014 WC, as they did during the 2016 bid and as they've been doing now.

VIDEO: Protesters against Dilma interrupt tour of the torch.

Click the link to watch the video:

A group of demonstrators opposed to Lula da Silva and Dilma made the torch tuor stop for a few moments in the Mato Grosso do Sul.
Protesters threw fake bills of money on the relay, and used derogatory dolls Lula and Dilma.
Members of the National Force controlled the situation and the relay went on.

VIDEO: Protesters against Dilma interrupt tour of the torch.

Click the link to watch the video:

A group of demonstrators opposed to Lula da Silva and Dilma made the torch tuor stop for a few moments in the Mato Grosso do Sul.
Protesters threw fake bills of money on the relay, and used derogatory dolls Lula and Dilma.
Members of the National Force controlled the situation and the relay went on.

Is that ALL we're going to get here? :blink: Protests against Dilma, pro or vs? It is getting to be OLD NEWS!!

Is that ALL we're going to get here? :blink: Protests against Dilma, pro or vs? It is getting to be OLD NEWS!!

This was published yesterday.
The protests are not new, but watching the video you can see that the relay was stopped. I think it's the first time since it began in May.
The protest was against the president away.
But minority remains on both sides.
-
The State of Paraná welcomes the Olympic Torch on Tuesday!
Where is winter? I hope it will a new mass of polar air before the torch out of southern Brazil.

I'm stuffed of those posts, too...

Please, if someone wants to stand up for Dilma (or protest against) please, DON'T DO IT IN THE OLYMPICS FORUM....

I think the dousing of water is a rite because that was June 24, St. John the Baptist day. It's a ritual in towns named after the Saint to douse each other with water on his day. So there is some sound significance to that.

This is not traditional in Brazil at least never heard .

This is not traditional in Brazil at least never heard .

Oops, just read that the guy who threw the water has been arrested.

I honestly thought it was part of the St. John the Baptist day because I have cousins who come from the town of San Juan (in the Philippines, outside Manila), and they douse each other with water on June 24 there.

Edited by baron-pierreIV