2020 Applicant files - Let's share the links...

SwissO

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... impressed by such a presentation at that time....

A good strategy to go round IOC policy to not do international promotion !!!

They are professionals, they have means....

Let's see what will think IOC about the dates for the games : 2-18 October for the Olympics & 4-15 November for the Paralympics !

Forget istanbul, they just playing with this bid, sorry emre, but they just seem not serious....

Unfortunately it seems Istanbul doesn't take this race serious. Perhaps this is due to their bids for EURO 2020 and Expo 2020. They need to spend much less money on both EURO due to the fact that they completed some stadiums and the rest are under construction and World Expo where has a good experience and facilities for.

Perhaps Istanbul is painstakenly putting their plans together instead of just rushing everything along. Remember, this is their 5th attempt & perhaps R a bit gun-shy now after 4 previous failed tries, & they want to make sure now that all their T's are crossed & I's are dotted. So I wouldn't make anything of their "slow" start just yet. I'm going to wait 'til they finally release their 2020 plans to make a determination one way or another.

remember the rabbit and the turtle tale.... being slow doesnt mean not taking serious but a more detailed plan and strong movements.

More detailed plans ??? But those plans are already been presented to the IOC last week... the applicant file is ready.... the pdf also... so what is the issue to not present it to the world ???

may be they dont wanna present it from web only? may be they wait for st. i dont know .. patience is golden .. wait and we will see . may be they wat for president erdogan to make a speech about it. he had a surgery 3 days ago.

Some of Baku's capacities are too low. Swimming only 12,000? While some venue capacities make no sense. Tennis at 21,000+?

Otherwise a solid venue plan.

I guess Swimming is not that popular (or they intended it as a legacy capacity, without the need for modifications), whilst Tennis is (even though they already have a national tennis center.

The IOC is CONSIDERING it, they haven't "allowed" it. So Doha could still be out.

I don't see how the IOC can allow a Games in October in Doha where the daytime temps still reach over 100 degrees, N the night time temps rarely fall below 85 degrees. Thats where IOC is still concerned N wants more detail from Doha just how exactly that they R going to deal with this concerning issue. N if the IOC is not fully satisfied with their response, they could still be cut from the race.

The IOC is CONSIDERING it, they haven't "allowed" it. So Doha could still be out.

I don't see how the IOC can allow a Games in October in Doha where the daytime temps still reach over 100 degrees, N the night time temps rarely fall below 85 degrees. Thats where IOC is still concerned N wants more detail from Doha just how exactly that they R going to deal with this concerning issue. N if the IOC is not fully satisfied with their response, they could still be cut from the race.

They were not cut in 2016 how IOC could cut them now? Imo the worst scenario is not making to the shortlist.

They were not cut in 2016 how IOC could cut them now? Imo the worst scenario is not making to the shortlist.

Election in 2009. Madrid was second place. Doha and Baku were out before the election.

0/2/2009 Copenhagen, Denmark 121 2016, Summer Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Madrid, Spain

Tokyo, Japan

Chicago, USA

Baku, Azerbaijan

Doha, Qatar

Prague, Czech Republic 26

-

-

-

Archived