2020 Applicant files - Let's share the links...

SwissO

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Apparently, according to one member (of here or was it Skyscrapercity?), the Istanbul logo will be revealed during the IOC Executive Board meeting in Quebec City on the 23rd of May, which of course is silly on the off chance that Istanbul isn't declared a Candidate city on the 25th.

Go to all that trouble revealing the logo in a private function in one of Quebec's conference centers, only to be told that you're not in the race anymore. :P

^^ Apparently, according to one member (of here or was it Skyscrapercity?), the Istanbul logo will be revealed during the IOC Executive Board meeting in Quebec City on the 23rd of May, which of course is silly on the off chance that Istanbul isn't declared a Candidate city on the 25th.

Go to all that trouble revealing the logo in a private function in one of Quebec's conference centers, only to be told that you're not in the race anymore. :P

Uhmmm...partially wrong. The IOC Executive Board meeting in Quebec coincides with SportAccord, the biggest Sports-Business Convention in the world. So it's NOT exactly a "private" function. (I thought I was going to attend to promote my book, but the costs are a little high.) And if the IOC has made some concessions to considering Doha, I don't see why Istanbul cannot easily make the grade. They made the Short List for 2000, all of a sudden, they would not?

Istanbul's unveiling of their logo at SportAccord is very appropriate. It's last big important IOC inner circle meeting before the entire body meets in London before the Games. (Why are you so impatient on these things, LD? It's not like they're jumping to your beat, anyway.)

Madrid Applicant file !

In Spanish : http://www.madrid202...tionario_es.pdf

In French/English : http://www.madrid202.../02/q_m2020.pdf

Hope it will work for you, as here in Switzerland, the links to the Madrid website doesn't work !!!

I can't download the files, where I can get the english version please ? Seems like the website also can't be access from outside of spain...

Archived