Turin 2006, 6th Anniversary

intoronto

Perhaps it won't go down as the most memorable of recent Olympic Winter Games, but a nice stylish event I think.

I spent 3 nights in Torino in the middle of last year, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the city . A really nice looking place, energetic, beautiful, full of culture, had a great time - actually, I was there in the piazza during MTV Days.

I did notice, however, that in contrast to some other cities, there is a distinct lack of recognition of being an *Olympic City* in the central city area. I guess you have to travel out abit to some of the other venues for that.

I might add Torino to my trip in the fall. My friend in Rome wants me to visit him. So after Turkey, I think I'll make a special trip to outside Torino just to see..

http://www.thetemples.org/en (It's billed as the 8th Wonder of the World!! The photos are just fantastic.)

Where did you stay in Torino, Matty? Do they have an O Museum there?

We stayed at the Hotel Due Mondi, great location , just a few minutes walk from the Porta Nuova train station. Just a short walk to all the main bits and pieces. But yeah, loved the city, great views from atop of the Mole.

Didn't really see many Olympic related things, didnt even make it to the Olympic stadium , no idea if the cauldron is still there???

Not sure about an Olympic museum.

Torino 2006. Good Times.

(it's a joke. Just watch the start of the parade of nations).

Actually, it was a nice Olympics. But then I say that about most of the Winter Games, probably because I don't stress out trying to keep on top of everything like I do with the Summer Games.

I wish that I bought the CBC DVD set.. I rented at the Library long time ago. I still remember the opening ceremonies especially Alberto Tomba and others.

I wish that I bought the CBC DVD set.. I rented at the Library long time ago. I still remember the opening ceremonies especially Alberto Tomba and others.

I picked mine up at Zellers, along with the NBC Beijing 2008 set for $5 apiece. It's funny, they still pop-up from time-to-time.

Archived