Doha Bid logo

The name Doha is derived from the Arabic word "ad-dawha" which in English means "the big tree". According to local legend "the big tree" stood on the site where the modern city of Doha is now located.
- From the GB front page.

I like it. I think it looks nice. It doesn't scream sport, but it looks really nice. I give it the following rating:

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

explanation about the logo..

The inspiration for the Doha 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games logo comes from the name itself. The name Doha is derived from the Arabic word "ad-dawha" which in English means "the big tree". According to local legend "the big tree" stood on the site where the modern city of Doha is now located.

http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/olympic_bids/2020_bid_news/1216136089.html

^we both post the samething at same time, amazing

This is good. I like it.

To Afiq and Ice-Mango...I have a request. We know you're great at making logos. But can you PLEASE STOP flooding this site with various logos??? Put your creations in the CONTEST-Competition threads. Allow the rest of us to look and APPRECIATE the new LEGITIMATE LOGOS as they come out...without GETTING sidetracked with your MANY "unofficial" lOGOS.

There is thread and place for those OTHER things. Thank you.

The logo is still "nah" for me. I think in terms of quality it is good, but the average person viewing the logo will be like WTF does that have to do with Doha? It is not even a palm tree. I wonder if even the average person in Qatar would connect the two.

It was a REQUEST, Soaring. I wasn't talking to you.

I don't mind seeing them in perhaps another setting..but maybe allow a little breathing room to first see the Official Logos. I did NOT DICTATE; I made a request.

Btw, Afiq-- because your other logos are so good, see, they do provide competition to the 'real things.'

Until 4 logos released i found something similar with this 4 logos, all of them use 5 colours of olympic (they substitute the black with purple, except for doha where we can see the black and purple), while for 2016 race we don't see this pattern, so is it the new regulatory from IOC to put 5 official color into the logo ?

yeah...i release that..2020 logo seems very colourful...but i prefer other side..something like rio2016(bid logo),london2012(official logo),chicago2016(bid logo)..the colour scheme become identity for that city..its give iconic impact...and working very well..

It was a REQUEST, Soaring. I wasn't talking to you.

I don't mind seeing them in perhaps another setting..but maybe allow a little breathing room to first see the Official Logos. I did NOT DICTATE; I made a request.

Btw, Afiq-- because your other logos are so good, see, they do provide competition to the 'real things.'

There is such thing as a PM...

Not sure why you feel as though you should be the unofficial GamesBids police. But hey, I am not gonna get into it with yeah.

People can put anything they want in their signature, but I would like to also suggest that the "height" of a signature is distracting when it goes beyond a 2.5ish inches. Save the vertical focused graphics for threads specifically related to that content, use more HORIZONTAL space in the signature.

It's common scene and common courtesy.

Having said that....do whatever the hell you want

Somebody should open a creative thread just to post ANY Olympic related graphic ideas or anything anyone wants to share. There are some great designs floating around here.

AND......Qatar's logo is great, they can buy anything they want and they have the good scene to hire talent that makes them look world class.

They buy everything.......any why not!

What about their "Education City" didn't they pay several MAJOR SUPER PRESTIGIOUS institutions to open campuses in Qatar so they could own the effect and effort??? But truly they just bought everybody off......but there will probably be some serious benefits and research there so go for it Qatar.

They buy everything.......any why not!

What about their "Education City" didn't they pay several MAJOR SUPER PRESTIGIOUS institutions to open campuses in Qatar so they could own the effect and effort??? But truly they just bought everybody off......but there will probably be some serious benefits and research there so go for it Qatar.

Somebody should open a creative thread just to post ANY Olympic related graphic ideas or anything anyone wants to share. There are some great designs floating around here.

Good idea. Just started one: http://www.gamesbids...gy-expend-here/

Back on track...I like this Doha logo. However, it seems a little of a "farcical," whitewash to me since there really aren't any FRIGGIN' trees in that desert. I mean aside from the plastic ones or the ones growing under multi-million dollar irrigation systems. But it does a good 'spin' job on an inhospitably HOT place to live.

At this point probably 3/4 the city is served by a multi million dollar irrigation system, so I would not be surprised to see some serious treeage there. :)

They do lot of things very well. I'm "warming" up to the idea of the Olympics there, I mean everything new and clean and expensive....soooooo nice compared to Rio. I think they would be a sparkling games, as long as they want to air condition everything...go for it.

Archived