National Stadium(1964 Olympic Stadium)

yukke14

What was an eyesore though was that tower it was sitting on. Yuck!

2291416329_96c8c9c9001.jpg

I don't understand why that had to look so complicated.

I think someone else was supposed to climb it to light the cauldron, but then they switched to Ali or something like that after they had built the scaffolding.

LatinXTC, on 21 Mar 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

That Was From Atlanta Back In 1996.

LatinXTC, on 21 Mar 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

That Was From Atlanta Back In 1996.

Yes I know where it's from you twatty troll.

• 1 month later...
Location of Olympic cauldron to be studied

A government panel for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic plans to recommend that the cauldron for holding the games' flame be on the main stadium's field or outside the structure.

Panel members decided on the recommendations at a meeting on Thursday.

The panel was set up this year after the stadium's construction plans were found to lack a place for a cauldron.

The members said having the flame on or outside the arena would allow it to be seen by many people, and require fewer restraining factors in terms of technology.

The panel added that if the cauldron were placed on the stadium's roof, it would not be visible from more than half of the seats, and that the location would entail more structural problems than other places.

As for a plan to put the cauldron in the stands, the members said doing so could make it difficult to secure enough seats for the games and would require careful consideration.

The panel recommended that the games' organizers decide on the location 18 months before the start of the event and seek approval from the International Olympic Committee.

Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Minister Toshiaki Endo said he hopes related organizations will cooperate to fully examine the specifications and location of the cauldron so that it can move people in Japan and around the world.

NHK

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20160428_34/

I Found The Stadium With The New Olympic Emblem on YouTube.

Why Post This WithOut PosTing The Link? And Why Write Like This With All Those Capital Letters? :blink: I Have Been Off The FoRum For Some Time But You ReMind Me Of An Old Troll NaMed Tonny Loves ArchiTecture

• 1 month later...

There is this really big impact survey that has been done on the sight with a bunch of cool images included. Here are some I picked out just to keep this topic's energy up until December.

http://www.2020games.metro.tokyo.jp/docs/hyoukashoan_olympicstadium_all.pdf

Visual Impact:

TadJ4Fk.png

uHCfwsY.png

LjqcGK4.png

lkZfuEF.png

eiaN8ET.png

WtUtFU7.png

n5Fb73u.png

vkfNQar.png

vSYJuoT.png

Landscape Plan:

f0O5omz.png

Historic Land Surveys:

AR246Rh.png

1vgy4Tr.png

ucRVwjX.png

W1zIYQc.png

• Like 1

^^

The new design will hold 68,089 in athletics mode with the ability to construct temporary seating over the permanent track to create an increased capacity of 80,016.Capacity during the Olympic Games will be 60,102 taking into account press and executive seating areas. This capacity is further lessened for the Paralympics to 57,750 to add more handicap accessible seating

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Olympic_Stadium_(Tokyo)#cite_note-17

the capacity is just 60K?

Tokyo does not really need another huge capacity stadium. It's not really justifiable for any legacy use, and project proposals have also had to deal with very tight budget and space constraints. But even without budget/space considerations there is really no point to another 60k+ stadium.