National Stadium(1964 Olympic Stadium)

yukke14

I just feel that this design has dated before its even been built. London's Aquatic Centre has been there done that- now the Japanese will bring their own overwrought version of this 12 years later? Unoriginal. Boring. Wish they were going for something more simple, light and traditionally Japanese.

Bid book volume 2 page 22: 80,000 capacity

I thought the plan was 80,000 Seats for Athletics and 100,000 for Non-Athletics Events, because of the Retractable Seating. I assume that for Concerts, the Stadium could hold 115,000-120,000 People, because some would be on the Pitch.

Toyo Ito and Fumihiko Maki Petition Against Zaha Hadid’s Tokyo Olympic Stadium

53739ac2c07a8096340000d6_toyo-ito-and-fu

© ZHA

Though it seemed a compromise was met last October, when Japan’s minister of education, Hakubun Shimomura announced plans to reduce the cost and scale of the Zaha Hadid-designed Tokyo Olympic Stadium, the debate rages on.

Pritzker laureates Toyo Ito and Fumihiko Maki have launched an online petition to “defend the ginko tree-lined landscape of blue sky and Jingu Outer Gardens” from the construction of Hadid’s “oversized” stadium.

The petition (now with more than 13,000 signatures) urges the Japan Sports Council, who hand selected Hadid’s winning design alongside Tadao Ando, to reconsider upgrading the existing Meiji Jingo Gaien Stadium and the gardens surrounding it. This solution, they believe, is a more affordable and sustainable alternative that would prevent the relocation of nearby residents.

Take a tour though Zaha Hadid’s 2020 Olympic Stadium and share your thoughts about the design (and petition), after the break…

The 80,000-seat stadium, which was selected over 10 other finalists in November 2012 to serve as the new Japan National Stadium, is scheduled for completion just before the 2019 Rugby World Cup.

http://www.archdaily.com/506597/toyo-ito-and-fumihiko-maki-petition-against-zaha-hadid-s-tokyo-olympic-stadium/

I hope future bids learn the moral of this story. Never, ever, hire Zaha Hadid again, or else this **** happens. :lol:

Does look like a certain intimate part of a woman's body though doesn't it!

Tony wouldn't know what that is though.

Actually the UK has one of the worst Sex-Eds programs in the world. However, I think Oz and NZ have quite an interesting take *cough* schoolies *cough*

Yes I do know what it is. I am 17, not 4.

Actually the UK has one of the worst Sex-Eds programs in the world. However, I think Oz and NZ have quite an interesting take *cough* schoolies *cough*

How do we have one of the worst Sex-Ed Programs in the World? Surely China does, because of it's over population?

Do you even know where Oz and NZ are on a map?...

Oh and Tony, you are a 4 year old...