Will the bombing of Iran's Nuke Plant Jeopardize 2012?

baron-pierreIV

There's been talk today that Israel may be getting ready to bomb Iran's nuclear facility sometime this spring because past that, the capability to produce a bomb might already be too late.

If this happens, what effect will it have on London 2012? Altho most everyone, including the Arabs, will be thankful, I am sure Russia and China will take on posturing positions again and things will be tense after that...leading into July 2012.

Your thoughts?

I saw that on the news myself. To me if Israel does bomb Iran to the iranians it will be considered a terrorist attack and thus a declaration of war and would the most likely retaliate, causing the US as well as Nato forces (Most of Europe) to get involved. London I think will still be on track for the most part. Yes there will be extra security but the Games will go on. It definitely won't be headline news but it will go on. As for those other Arab countries. Some may be hesitant to get involved but don't underestimate the anti western sentiment in that region. They may not be as undercoverly happy as you may think for Israel to do so.

As for China and Russia. They are not going to get involved. They will speak out against the initial attack and then stay on the sidelines. The US and the rest of Europe have to do business with Russia and China no matter what the outcome, which has always been their trump card. the US and GB might not be doing business with Iran but China and Russia sure are so economically i say they will stay out of it. They won't rush to Iran's defense but they will look on.

Things are certainly starting to get fierce, but I think the more aggressive the West gets with Iran militarily, the more the current regime will be propped up.

There are several countries that have the bomb, that make tensions heightened in their region, but we didn't bomb the hell out of them to stop it, so why create more instability for something that I see as inevitable anyway?

I understand that Israel feels threatened, but they should just continue to do covert work, and work as hard as they can to apply economic pressure which will hopefully lead to the Iranian people uprising.

I read an article from the NY Times about the conference in Tehran on the Arab Spring, and how they view it as "the Awakening", but then they rule their country with a corrupt iron fist. How delusional can this regime get?

Hopefully things cool down. It is also going to be a big topic in the US presidential election.

bombing iran is not like afgan,stan or ıraq or libya, it will turn the whole middle east in to fire, including russia and china, and triple the price of oil which will make the economies crush.

easy to talk from over atlantic to the politicals, but the truth is iran is not an easy pray and this can turn into ww3 and whole worlds economy crushes forget 2012 ther cannt be a 2016 or 20 lympics too. i dont give any chance for that.

bombing iran is not like afgan,stan or ıraq or libya, it will turn the whole middle east in to fire, including russia and china, and triple the price of oil which will make the economies crush.

easy to talk from over atlantic to the politicals, but the truth is iran is not an easy pray and this can turn into ww3 and whole worlds economy crushes forget 2012 ther cannt be a 2016 or 20 lympics too. i dont give any chance for that.

That is certainly pause for thought...but then again, how different would that be if and when Iran already had the bomb? I mean the Iranian mindset is even more lunatic than the Arabic one. At least many Arab leaders today can think rationally; or one would hope. I don't know about those mullahs of Tehran.

You do know that when Iraq was invaded, the Saudi royal family and the Gulf Emirates were actually asking the US to bomb Tehran instead? I don't think those feelings have changed.

:o that's dangerous, As you said many arab leaders wont support Iran they are insaneee... Cubans and Venezolanos are in danger too since they seem to be really close friends with Iran, thank God Iran's president (Ahmadinejad) didn't accepted to vist Guatemala otherwise we will be "close friends" :S

Oh No, Is it true ?That Israel want to nuke Iran ? God, please don't make that crazy plan become real, I live in country with more than 80% of the population are moslem, and I know how they could be provoked easily with this issue, if Israel really nuke Iranian, 1 thing that i'm sure will be happen are, my country will be in riot. The London 2012 will still go on, but with many country won't participated, and this thing really could leads the world to WW3, with many moslem country will attack Israel, and the US (Since in a lot of molem mind, US is always backing up Isreal, that's why, if Isreal attack Iran, then they believe that the US is behind Israel) SO how accurate this news - about Israel will nuke Iran- come true ?

Tikus, it's only a 3rd possibility that Israel may resort to if the sanctions don't work and Israel feels it becomes too late to stop Iran's plans. But you know, Israel nuked Syria and Iraq before, and nothing but demonstrations happened. If only someone assassinated those moronic mullahs in Tehran.

no way its gonna happen. west is underestimating iran and its imperial tradition. bombing iran means, blockade of persian gulf ( means UAE QATAR IRAQ BAHRAİN out of oil market) : % 100 increasing of oil price which europe and usa cannot afford now. , Attacking iran , hizboullah, syria, lebanen palestine will start an open war against israel, and west , rising of terrorism. russia will feed iran in any terms in this war and also china and korea + pakistan undercover,

the worst; if iran attacks the new shield system of nato in malatya turkey, that will be disastrous. it will turn into a total war nato / iran and supporters.

west cant afford this bill and turkey wont help at this and will stay neutr, but im sure israel is as stupid as attacking iran alone and it will be end like she doesnt expecting.

Israel try's it on there own there cities get obliterated by thousands of Iranian missiles, If the west takes action so will Russia and China and we all know what that means. Iran poses no real threat to anyone, even if they were developing nuclear weapons it's only in defence of there sovereignty which is rightly justified as they are constantly threatened with attack.

All in all this is a very dangerous situation that I hope all party's will back down from, because any war in Iran could and most likely will get out of hand extremely fast and could spark the third world war.

Tikus, it's only a 3rd possibility that Israel may resort to if the sanctions don't work and Israel feels it becomes too late to stop Iran's plans. But you know, Israel nuked Syria and Iraq before, and nothing but demonstrations happened. If only someone assassinated those moronic mullahs in Tehran.

Since when has Israel used nuclear weapons? I'm pretty sure they used conventional weapons on there respective targets in Iraq and Syria.

one point u all missed is İsrael has nukes, so why cannot other s have as a defence?? or why other nations force ısrael to bann nucleur tech and get rid of the nukes?

turkey doesnt need any, but if we develope and have nukes with our selfes who can stop us and why?

if really they want a clear world so why not they start w,ith usa russia ???

unbalance and not fair. they can have anything and can use dem but the other nooo...1000 nukes usa have . thats a bigger problem than iran i think

one point u all missed is İsrael has nukes, so why cannot other s have as a defence?? or why other nations force ısrael to bann nucleur tech and get rid of the nukes?

turkey doesnt need any, but if we develope and have nukes with our selfes who can stop us and why?

if really they want a clear world so why not they start w,ith usa russia ???

unbalance and not fair. they can have anything and can use dem but the other nooo...1000 nukes usa have . thats a bigger problem than iran i think

The answer is simple, the only reason Israel is so strongly against a nuclear Iran is they will no longer be the only middle eastern power with nuclear weapons, there for it would create two simi-equal powers in the region in a way like a mini cold war. If anything a nuclear armed Iran will help stabilize the region.

so turkey saudi arabia or even qtar can have nukes, but iran no. cause west and israel doesnt like dem? this is the problem?

All those country's you listed would be in the same boat Iran is in now if they were pursuing a nuclear weapons program.

All those country's you listed would be in the same boat Iran is in now if they were pursuing a nuclear weapons program.

so the main issue is to secure israel ...

USA and west can say this, at least they named as honest, and legalize everything israel did and will do after that.

sorry but im not a religious person i dont care about irans threats or israels and no harm i saw from dem or wanna harm dem too. im a turk and i will support what ever my country needs as defence. and non of the countries or u can change my mind while others still developing nukes balistics and chemical weapons.

if its that BAD and will bring the end of the world so dismiss your beautiful nukes in yourlands and den tell others. its not convincing

im against another invasion in my backdoor. enough blood spilled in this region for 20 years and its now to talk and understand each other wat we need what we ask and whats the problem. and meet in the middle to live in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived