Sweden 2018: Stockholm, Göteborg or Malmö

The Swedish Olympic Comittée has said that they are planing to bid, with either Stockholm, Göteborg (Gothenburg) or Malmö. =)

Here is a article about it, in Swedish... but try google translate (= http://www.dn.se/spo...soka-ungdoms-os

I thought it was silly to discuss a Swedish bid in the Buenos Aires thread, and it deserved one of its own.

Any thoughts on which is more likely to go for it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Göteborg get the nod - somehow it seems more "YOG" to me, and they always have a point to prove over the Stockholmers.

Wow Sweden instant competition for Glasgow now. However wouldn't this concede that Sweden does not believe it can host a WOG?

Not the way I'd interpret it - I don't think you'll ever see them concede that.

But I DO wonder if this means they're not going to throw their hand into the 2022 race.

Sweden vs Glasgow whoaaa! That is more intresting, :D Stockholm will be great if they use the Sweden Arena (the new one) to ceremonies :D but i bet they will try with Gothemburg --

Wow Sweden instant competition for Glasgow now. However wouldn't this concede that Sweden does not believe it can host a WOG?

Perhaps Sweden is sick of trying on winter games :P

Mmh... What is the correlation of try to bid the YOG and the WOG ? what's the chance a country win a YOG (no matter the winter or the summer) then the same country win a WOG in just maybe 4 years ? As a lot of people here talk, what's YOG ? we can't compare the YOG to the actual Olympic, so maybe Sweden wants to try the YOG with Gothenburg, and try 2022 with Stockholm

Mmh... What is the correlation of try to bid the YOG and the WOG ? what's the chance a country win a YOG (no matter the winter or the summer) then the same country win a WOG in just maybe 4 years ? As a lot of people here talk, what's YOG ? we can't compare the YOG to the actual Olympic, so maybe Sweden wants to try the YOG with Gothenburg, and try 2022 with Stockholm

Considering we've only had one winter games so far, and the second one awarded to Lillehammer without contest, it's pretty hard to pick up ANY correlation yet.

I think Gothenburg is the town that have the largest intress in hosting. =)

And about the winter olympics, Stockholm would have been good if it wasn't the huge distance to Östersund and Åre. So the Swedish olympic comittee are only thinking about Åre and Östersund (=

• 1 year later...

Archived