Guatemala bids to FIFA world cup U-17

Guatemala has announced that will bid for the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the plans are going to be unvield next week, but its been told that possibly will be in these venues:

Estadio Centroamericano, Quetzaltenango/Xela 35,000 (under construction due 2015)

Estadio Mateo Flores, Guatemala City 29,000 (renovations)

Estadio Cementos Progreso, Guatemala City 22,000 (ready)

Estadio Mario Camposeco, Quetzaltenango/Xela 15,000 (renovations)

Estadio Carlos Salazar Hijo, Mazatenango 12,000 (renovations)

It has been told that it will serve as a test for Xela's (possible) 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games...

http://www.selecciondeguatemala.net/2012/01/guatemala-busca-la-sede-del-mundial-sub.html?m=1

It's really unlikelly that we will win, but it will showcase the country :) Impossible is nothing says Adiddas... Hahahaha :lol:

*Adidas

Guatemala has announced that will bid for the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the plans are going to be unvield next week, but its been told that possibly will be in these venues:

Estadio Centroamericano, Quetzaltenango/Xela 35,000 (under construction due 2015)

Estadio Mateo Flores, Guatemala City 29,000 (renovations)

Estadio Cementos Progreso, Guatemala City 22,000 (ready)

Estadio Mario Camposeco, Quetzaltenango/Xela 15,000 (renovations)

Estadio Carlos Salazar Hijo, Mazatenango 12,000 (renovations)

It has been told that it will serve as a test for Xela's (possible) 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games...

http://www.selecciondeguatemala.net/2012/01/guatemala-busca-la-sede-del-mundial-sub.html?m=1

It's really unlikelly that we will win, but it will showcase the country :) Impossible is nothing says Adiddas... Hahahaha :lol:

*Adidas

For 2017? I doubt it because of last year being in Mexico. Costa Rica has the 2014 women's u20 world cup so if that is a success maybe in 2019.

More the Costa Rica's Women's U-17 fact.... That is perhaps the biggest deal. Anyways we depend on the "ticos's world cup" to show that Central America is a decent host. Mexico can be our neighborad but we are Central American and Mexico is North America...

More the Costa Rica's Women's U-17 fact.... That is perhaps the biggest deal. Anyways we depend on the "ticos's world cup" to show that Central America is a decent host. Mexico can be our neighborad but we are Central American and Mexico is North America...

I disagree! Mexico is C/A, N/A is Usa and Canada. Then again I would support a Guatemalan bid for 2017!

Well Mexicans think they are North America, you tell them we all are CA and they respond "no manches guey!!" :lol: but the culture is pretty likelly i mean we where the same country (search "Los Altos" in wikipedia)... :P

Thanks really!!! :D i think we (Guatemala) are a really optimisitic country and we want to show the world that we are a brand new culture... Football was created by the mayans (pelota maya) and we have a great spirit to cheer teams! The world cup will really mean a lot for us!! Since Xela will host the final and its my cuty i will attend :')

On Costa Rucan venues will be Estadio Nacional, The Saprissa Stadium, a venue in Alajuela and Cartago. Let me a minute and i'll post some pictures...

For 2017? I doubt it because of last year being in Mexico. Costa Rica has the 2014 women's u20 world cup so if that is a success maybe in 2019.

I would be more worried about Chile 2017 U-20 WC. Three times in Latin America in less than 6 years seems be very difficult.

I would be more worried about Chile 2017 U-20 WC. Three times in Latin America in less than 6 years seems be very difficult.

2017 hasn`t been awarded though, however when awarding u20 and u17 they like to award to the same area (like Mexico and Colombia last year and Egypt and Nigeria in 2009)

Come on! We have more soccer tradition and passion that India! All the way... Even tough we are an unveloped country we love soccer... But maybe 2017 wont be here :( perhaps for 2019 we'll have a better shot :)

• 10 months later...